Friday, August 15, 2008

Sewing

Today I went to the fabric store...D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S!!! I LOVE our little fabric store here. I wanted to look for some flannel backing for the blanket I'm going to make for Tanner's bed. I found some really adorable "I am a Child of God" flannel print fabric that I'm going to get once I get the top done. I am really excited to use the new to me sewing machine that Sharon gave me. I have to get some thread too. While I was in Lethbridge I also went to look at the fabric at Fabricland. I didn't find a lot there so maybe I'll look when we're in Calgary...if I have time. I am so excited to go up there and see my Aunt that I haven't seen in about 3 years. Plus, my other Aunt fell on Monday and broke her shoulder and is in a splint so I'm sure it will be nice for my Mom and other Aunt to have a little break to be able to get stuff done for the party. I LOVE parties. I am so much like my Mom in that way. I love seeing my family and playing games.

So not much else going on. It's suppose to be 31 degrees tomorrow. Which will be great for Tanner's Primary swim party. Then on Monday and Tuesday it's suppose to be 33. Holy Hotness! I hope I don't die from heat exhaustion. This medicine that I'm on right now makes me hot all the time so I am not looking forward to actually being hot on top of already feeling hot. Too bad I can't lay around in my swim suit all day. It's days like this that I wish I was a life guard and had a real reason to wear a swim suit all the time. It's too hot for anything else.

Well, that's it for now.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

oh, here's to hoping that the machine doesn't conk out on you!

How did Matt like week one at the County?

Lynn said...

I would LOVE to see the fabric you are getting! How fun. Wish I had sewing talent. Alas....I just don't. : ( LOL!

Jamie said...

Um, I totally sit around in my swimming suit all day. You don't? Ha ha. I am addicted to fabric buying - but my vice is online shopping. The selection is so much better!

Mandy said...

Oh Jamie...you're such a funny girl! I can't shop online because we have no credit cards. We live strictly cash only (okay, debit, but it's kinda the same)...lol. If I find something really great, maybe I'll get you to buy it and send you the money....lol