Thursday, August 14, 2008

I forgot

I know I forgot to post yesterday but I was being lazy and kind of non productive. Tanner went to the circus with his friend and his friends family yesterday so I had an afternoon of doing nothing. I watched a bit of Grey's, read a book, cleaned up the kitchen and had a little rest.

At work the other day, some teenage girls came in all dressed up like they were pregnant. Yes, you didn't mis-read that. They had big bellies and dressed in maternity clothes from who knows where. Who does that? Now I understand going out in your p.j's for fun but to dress up like you're pregnant? It made me sad to think that they take something so special and sacred so lightly. And the other thought I had was "did their parents see them going out like this?" It just kind of bothered me that they were mocking motherhood in a way and never thought about other people and in a sense were insensitive in their activity. Some people can't even get pregnant or have a hard time and here they are mocking it like anyone could be and get pregnant. AND they were SO loud and obnoxious. They were standing on the benches in the store and being super loud and when they left, they left a huge mess. It just shows how society is declining in common sense and in how even the generation after me is...for lack of a better word...much more blatantly rude to others. I just hope that Tanner is not like that. It opens my eyes to how great the responsibility is on me to teach Tanner. Not that I didn't know that I need to teach him but it weighs heavily on me sometimes. All I know is that I need to teach him correct principles and let him govern himself at the right age.

Anyways, that's all for now. I'm off to get ready to take Tanner to swim lessons.

3 comments:

Lynn said...

Oh man. WHen one works with the public.....you sure get to see a lot of STRANGE things.. That's for sure.

Itworksforbobbi said...

I was going to say "maybe it's for a project" but then I remembered it's August, and school isn't in right now. Hmm... strange.

Jamie said...

Seriously - I do hope Tanner doesn't ever pretend to be preggers - ha ha! No really tho, what the!?!? Who does that? Bizarre. Who thinks that sounds like a fun idea? Who actually carries it out?