Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Keys ruin day

Yes, sad but true...

When I woke up this morning I was relatively happy. Then as I was getting ready to go VTing, I couldn't find my keys. This drives me totally insane and batty. I can not stand when I can't find my keys. This does not happen very often and I can usually find them within a few minutes. Today was a whole other case. So I was on edge all day. The reason I am a little paranoid right now was because I honestly believe that someone came into our house and stole our video camera when we had the door unlocked one time. I turned the house upside down...short of literally and could not find it. So I was upset that I couldn't find my keys because I wanted to lock up my house. Anyways, so all day I have been miserable because I couldn't find my keys. I know...a choice that I'm sure I regret and partly to blame on hormones...but nevertheless...grumpy.

Plus, while we were visiting teaching our one sister, Tanner was not nice to my friends little girl who have a very strong hate/love relationship. He was being such a brat. I won't be bringing him again. I try to get someone to watch him but sometimes it doesn't always work out.

When Matt came home, I politely and calmly informed him that I was on a very short fuse and when he asked why I told him. So he says to me "Are you sure you didn't leave them (the keys) in the car?" to which I reply "if I did, I couldn't look because you had the car today". So he happily went out and looked (I think it was to get away from me). They were in there! Thank goodness. Then I told him about the video camera and he said he would check in the car. So he went out a second time and of course it was there. I am so relieved. So needless to say, I am a bad person today for being so grumpy over something so trivial. Plus the fact that I can't call to ask Matt if he knows where they are was a little frustrating. So, I know tomorrow is a new day and I plan to make the best of it because it's Tanner's last swim class and we are going to Calgary!!!!!! I feel like it's Christmas or something. Tanner is so stinkin' giddy about it. Anyways, that's my day today. I am feeling much better now and think I'm going to make some chocolate milk and watch some Grey's.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey i am so happy you found your camera that must have been nerve racking.I was thinking of you all day and praying your day would get better. I am glad that it did. Hope you have fun in Calgary! See you when you get back! Oh and thanx for reporting or VTing

Anonymous said...

Hope you have a better day today and an awesome weekend...talk to you later Mandy!

Jamie said...

Chocolate and Grey's will make you happier everytime! :)
I completely understand how one incident can make you cranky for the rest of the say. And then when your kid misbehaves...ooooo...so frustrating! I feel your pain! Glad you found your missing stuff though!