Friday, August 8, 2008

Another one!

So just a few things...

1. As I was checking my e-mail I had an e-mail that read "Can you burn fat while text messaging". SERIOUSLY!? What is wrong with people?

2. Matt got a job! Hooray for him. Hooray for us! I am so so so so so relieved. AND the really great part about it is that I won't have to work so much. I can still have 2-3 days a week working instead of 4 or 5 and we'll still be able to make ends meet. YEA!!! He is working as a labourer with the county of Warner. Doing stuff like fixing fences, filling holes in cement etc etc. It's 4 days a week 10 hours a day. Monday to Thursday, with Fridays off. The job is suppose to be until December. Which should work out perfect because then he'll go to school in January. I'm still crossing my fingers though and not holding my breath. Anyways, so that's good news for us.

3. The yard sale today was a success. I am looking forward to tomorrow. I would like to have everything sold so if by noon or 1 it's not half gone, I'm going to start selling it all for .25 I don't want to have to make a trip into Lethbridge to take it to the Salvation Army. PLUS, I have baking goods. Come on people! Who doesn't love home made baking goods? Buy a cookie or square for .25 At Subway you pay .77 for one cookie. And they're not even home made. Plus mine are for a good cause. We are going to put the money in Tanner's bank account to help to pay for his year at school. That's gotta count for something right??? So please if you live in Raymond, COME TO THE YARD SALE EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR A COOKIE!!!! Tanner even helped make the cookies and he really is trying hard to sell them to people.

4. We had a fantastic Elder's party tonight. It was so much fun!

Anyways, I think that's it for now.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Yay for the job! Most exciting. Sounds perfect. Wish I could enjoy some yard sale goods!

So I don't know how it works where you live, but what I do with all my extra crap is call the Diabetes Association. They come pick it up from your driveway, and then they sell the stuff to Value Village or something to raise money. Pretty sweet deal!

Lynn said...

YAY! Congrats on the new job Matt!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! I am so happy that Matt got a job!! I love that even when we can't see a light at the end of the tunnel that Heavenly Father always provides one for us!

I totally would have come by your garage sale, but the weekend was just nuts... I remembered about it at about 4pm on Saturday! Hope it went great though :)

Kim Hawryluk said...

Congrats on the job! Best of luck!