Saturday, August 23, 2008

Fired

I know I haven't written in 2 days and so I'm firing myself....haa haaa, just kidding. Things here have been crazy and busy. Just a few stories to share. My Aunt Carolyn (some of you know who she is) fell last week and had a very very serious break in her shoulders. The doctors told her that although it was good that she didn't need surgery, there's a possibility she may never regain full range of motion. Which is almost devastating considering the fact that she enjoys quilting so much. So she's a little fragile right now and needs a lot of help, therefore she is living at my Mom's for 6-8 weeks. So for her to come to my Mom's party, my Mom felt that it would be better if she was in a wheelchair so people don't bump her and we can get her to the bathroom etc. So my Mom called up her work and asked them if she could borrow a wheel chair. Of course the ADORE my Mom and agreed right away. So when they brought it to my Mom's guess who decided that he needed to "ride" on it? That's right...Tanner. It was so cute. It reminded me of when I was younger and we would all argue over who was going to ride in my Dad's wheelchair and who was going to push Dad etc. It was a great memory.

We also went to Pizza Hut yesterday because my Aunt was sleeping and for those of you who know Tanner, know he has a hard time being quiet. So we took advantage of the buffet they have for lunch to keep Tanner out of the house and eat. While we were there Tanner informed me that he did NOT like this restaurant and that he wanted to go to McDonalds...which was right across the street. Then he told Matt who hadn't been at the table when he told me, that he LOVED this place. What a goof!

OH, and this is a common thing for Tanner while traveling...as we were driving into Vulcan, I asked Tanner, who was watching a movie in the car, if he needed to go pee. Of course he said no. I mean, who would want to stop and leave their beloved movie to pee???? So as we get 5 minutes past Vulcan, he says "I need to pee are we almost in Vulcan?" Of course I had to tell him that we already passed vulcan and that he would have to go on the side of the road. He refused this idea and said he needed to pee on a potty. I knew Mossleigh was coming up and so I asked if he could hold it (he held himself from Clareholm to Raymond one time). He said he could but then he asked 5 minutes later if we were there. So I knew the urgency of the situation. I had in the car a large water cup...a tupperware one. So I stopped the car, emptied the water and had him pee in the cup and dumped it out. He actually did it. So from now on I'm going to carry a small bucket in the car. Don't worry, I sanitized the cup and washed it out a few hundred times.

So that has been our little adventures for the last few days. I am getting ready for my Mom's party so I should go and get to the 3 salads I'm making. Until later or next time...

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ewwww! Just kidding. LOL! Been there done that. Kids. What to do, eh?
SO sorry to hear about your Aunt. I truly am. I will keep her in my prayers.
HAve fun with your mom's party!!!

Jamie said...

Remind me not to drink from Tupperware at your house... ha ha ha! That is so something Nate would do - say no and then five minutes later, pipe up.