Sunday, June 22, 2008

Just a few more things...lol

I forgot to write a few more things so I know you've already heard 2 times today from me, but here's more.

I was noticing things that Tanner does that he gets from Matt or I. First, he always shrugs one shoulder when we ask him something. That's from me. Second, when he showers, he showers exactly like me. His hands are always in the same position when he gets in as mine are when I get in. Then when he turns around, his hands are the same as mine are when I turn around. When he eats he ALWAYS says: mmmmm, this is soooo good. I usually say that too. Anyways, I thought it was kind of endearing to share those.

Oh, Lynn, to answer your question about what we had when our treck daughter came over, we had Spaghetti. Matt and A.J even had an eating contest. It was HILARIOUS! I have pictures, but I won't post them. Tanner even got in on the action. I was already full when they decided to do that.

This weekend, Matt's mom came to visit. Just a little background...when Matt and I were dating and then got engaged, it was Matt's Dad that was furious. He thought that we were rushing into things. Matt had just come home off his mission 2 months before and he thought it was too fast and that Matt wasn't mature enough to support 2of us. His Mom has always been supportive and I've always really liked her but I never felt like I loved her in that way that my Mom did with her mother in law or that I adored her. I have now gotten there and I really do love her a lot and she is so wonderful. I never feel judged by her and I never feel like I have to be on my best behavior when she's around. If Matt and I are discussing something, I never feel like we should go somewhere else to discuss it like I do when my Mom is here. Don't get me wrong I love my Mom no matter what, but there are some things that I don't do when my Mom is here. Anywho...I just really enjoy my Mother in Law. I guess that maybe comes with some maturing and growing.

While Marilyn was here, she treated us...more so Tanner, to lunch at McDonalds and then bought Tanner his birthday gift (his birthday isn't until the end of the year). But she wanted to get it for him now because it's a basketball hoop and ball so she wanted him to enjoy it now that the weather is nice.

We also had a family ward picnic on Friday. It was so much fun! Tanner loved every minute of it and he even went canoeing. I thought that the turn out was pretty good and it seemed like everyone had lots of fun. I love ward stuff like that. I remember this one time in Calgary that there was an activity planned and only 3 or 4 families showed up to it because they all thought it was going to be cancelled because it was kind of windy and spitting out. Anyways, I thought it was the best activity because I got to know some of the other Sisters that I didn't really know that well. So really, I think it's sometimes about our attitude. Even though it does seem funner when there are lots of people. I love the activity of it all and I love watching and listening to what others are doing and talking about. When I'm not chasing after Tanner, I am an observer for the most part. I like to hear other people's stories and learn from their life.

Okay, so I think that's it for now...lol. Until next time...

1 comments:

Christal said...

Thanks mandy for your comments I so appreciate it some days I wonder what I'm doing and if I'm getting anyway! It's nice to have a compliment that it at least looks like I'm a "strong" women I try ha ha! Sundays are hard that is for sure! When someone is willing to take masen out I'm more then happy to let them thats why I just sit back and laugh and take a deep breath!! And listen to the takes for at least a couple minutes before he gets back!!
You are great hope all is going good!!
Love the what tanner does like you guys learning environment is huge eh my kids do so many things like Darren and I its fun to see since its obviously not genentic eh!! Well have a great day thanks for making mine!!