Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A little bit of this and that

First off, I have to get these stories written down before I forget. Yesterday when we were eating dinner my tummy grumbled really really loud and Tanner asks "who farted" and so I told him it was my tummy talking saying it was really hungry. So he said to me "no it wasn't, you farted" then he tried to force a fart himself with his face totally red. Matt and I were rolling on the floor laughing it was so funny.

Then today, he told Matt that he was his best friend. So cute!

I was able to go into town with my Aunt today. It was a nice break from being home and thinking about life. It was really exactly what I needed. A day out with just someone I love a lot. No kids, no spouses, no time limits, no agendas (well, only to run a few errands, but we spent as much time as we wanted at each place). It was perfect. And we didn't talk about my situation which was SOOOOO nice. I just get so wrapped up and consumed that I can't think about anything else.

I also am now making cards for the residents at the hospital. A lady in our ward that works there called me and asked if I'd donate my time to make cards that the staff members can sign and give to the residents there on their birthday's. I'm happy to help and it will give me something to do. I've made a ton of baby cards and now I'm working on Thank You cards. Then birthday. As well as the birthday ones for the hospital.

We've had a bunch of rain here. It's good for the farmers and I don't mind it.

My little sister has been in Europe for 6 weeks and she's coming home on Saturday. I don't get to see her that often in the first place so it doesn't really phase me. Then she will be moving out right away. Sad for my Mom but a step for her.

My Mom is turning 60 this year and she's having a HUGE party this summer. I am in charge of games so if any of you have any tried and true games, I'd love to hear what they are. My Mom thought about doing some old games. Like games she would have played as a young girl or young adult. My Aunt and I are gathering ideas for "old fashioned" games. I have a couple of games in mind, but it might be nice to get some other ideas. I'm very excited to be a part of this huge party. I am very much like my Mom. I LOVE parties! I don't host them very much because we don't have the space to have a lot of people in our tiny place. One day...

Well, until next time....it's bee a great day!

0 comments: