Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Today I am done

Today I feel like I am done...done with wanting, liking, trying, striving, living, being and everything else. I am ready to give up today. Things feel too hard to even make any effort today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mandy, I'm so impressed with how you manage to rise above whatever life throws at you, and by the healthy and inspiring approach you take to challenges. You are a woman who makes conscious choices about the good things she wants for herself and her family, and then goes for the gold. You work hard to be the kind of woman/ mother/ wife /friend /sister you want to be, and it shows as you project But that's a lot of work even on a good day!

Treat yourself gently today. Tomorrow, you can strive and try again... but maybe today just give yourself a hug and know that someone far away is praying for and hoping for and cheering for and believing in you.

Sharon said...

You don't have to try for me - I already like you. Thank you for the Tractor kit you gave to Mattias - he loves it and the little tractor hasn't left his hand today! You have been trying/striving/believing for so long now that it's okay to take a break...just don't quit completely, okay?

Anonymous said...

Mandy you're entitled to a down day once in awhile just like the rest of us---take it and know tomorrow is a new day and good things will come to you and your family. Hang in there and know that you are in many peoples thoughts and prayers right now. You are strong, Mandy! IF there is ANYTHING we can do please let us know......in the meantime we'll keep on hoping for the best and looking out for job opportunities out there for Matt!

Jamie said...

Hey - so stay in bed, turn on the TV, eat crap for lunch, make Matt make dinner and just chill. Cuddle with your baby, who makes EVERYTHING worth it. Pick up the phone and call me. Cry a little, or a lot.
Then wake up tomorrow and hope for a better day. You are a strong lady my friend. You can overcome anything. Even if you can't believe that it will be OK, even if you can't feel like super woman, know that I know you can do it. I know you can rise about, I know you will be OK, I know tomorrow will be a better day - whenever tomorrow comes. Lots of love.

Erica said...

Hey-that was me on Sunday! I threw a fit before church as my husband was just waking up which ended with me going to church by myself on Father's day. I told Joe if he wanted Josh to go to church then he could start taking him-I was DONE!! Done being the responsible one, the one that holds it all together. It was a fairly emotional morning let me tell you. By that night things were better but I can FULLY relate to being DONE. Wish you were here as we're going to the zoo tomorrow and the boys would have had fun. My recommendation for you is Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream and curling up in bed with the rest of Twilight and just escaping for a while. My cousin and I are planning on going to the temple on Thursday and doing the 11:30 session-maybe you'd like to meet us and then grab some temple cafeteria food?? Let me know.

Mandy said...

I quit! I totally and entirely quit. And you wanna know what I quit? Everything and anything. So there! It is too much to bear right now so that's why I'm done.