Friday, June 6, 2008

5 5 5 5 5

Hmmmm....so I don't really know what to write for my Friday five today. While I think about it, I'll just write. Last week Tanner told me I was his friend and I said of course I was. Then today he told me that he wanted a new mother and that he wanted me to leave forever and not come back. So, I hope that life tips more towards the first and not the second part of that. I almost cried when he said that to me. Whatever...he was just mad that I wouldn't let him dump his dipping sauce all over the table. He'll get over it.

Okay, here's my 5 major accomplishments in life

1. Getting over grieving for my Dad

2. Playing the Piano in Sunridge Mall when I was about 8 years old (I might have been younger, but I was young)

3. Becoming more physically fit.

4. Understanding more about the gospel every time I read my scriptures or prepare my lesson.

5. Being married. It takes a lot of work to become the kind of person that can be married. You don't just get married and things finally are good. It takes a lot of everyday work to be married and stay married and have a marriage. That is what is important is marriage. It's the difference between someone wanting a baby and wanting to be a mother. There is a HUGE difference between the two. Just like there is a difference between wanting or getting married and having and maintaining a marriage. The first is just a physical act and the second is about the principles and development on the act. It's not just enough to do the act to make it meaningful, you have to nurture that act. Like growing a garden.
Okay, I'm sure my point is clear but it takes work to be married. And even though I'm not done at all, I'm proud of the accomplishments I have made in marriage.

1 comments:

Julie said...

hear hear! thanks for posting your thoughts on marriage!