For the anonymous commenter that mentioned a very valid reason for staying anonymous, this is more for you because you said you knew me and I would feel horrible if I "shut" you out of my life because of not realizing that maybe there is a really honest true reason for staying anonymous.
I personally don't feel, like one of the anonymous posters said about me possibly not listening to their advice or flattering me is a fair (in my books) reason to hide behind an anonymous identity.
I know only of one person who told me that they are leery of posting things because they don't' want certain past people to be able to find them easily but when I called that person today and they said they weren't the one who posted that comment, I felt really bad and I'm sorry that you felt judged by me.
Now I don't know for sure if you are someone I really know or you're just saying that. This is one of the reasons I'm posting this is because if you really want to stay in touch with me but stay anonymous, this is how I think it would be possible. You can be invited to read my blog, even if it's private but if you want to make a comment you could just e-mail me directly. I assume that you have an e-mail address. You don't need to be on google or blogger to comment on a post. You just need an e-mail address...and I recall you mentioning that you thought you might e-mail me. But if you didn't feel comfortable posting a comment under your real identity, you could just e-mail me.
But I feel like I do need to know who you are first before I do that.
Even if you just e-mail me and let me know that it was you who made those comments that would be fine too.
I would never divulge who you were because I understand we all have certain situations that we can't control. If you really do know me (and I'm NOT saying you don't) then I would be more than happy to invite you to read my blog privately. If you are from my past and you feel we have un-resolved issues then please let me know that because I would never want someone to feel like I was shutting them out because I didn't want truly weirdo creepy strangers lurking on my blog. It's just weird to me to have an anonymous person be able to make comments on my blog without my knowing. To me, it's kind of stalkerish. Not saying that you are a stalker in any way, but I think you probably get the gist of what I'm saying.
So for those of you who are anonymous commenter's on my blog, who want to read my blog, and would like to remain anonymous to bloggerland or the Internet, then please send me an e-mail and let me know that's what you'd like. I'm open to be accommodating to those who are trying to be truly and honestly secure. Not just hiding behing an anonymous face.
But I would like to know personally who you are even if no one else knows.
If this doesn't appeal to you then I'm okay with that too. But I would love to hear from any of my anonymous commenter's...and it doesn't have to be in a reply to a post. It could simply mean e-mail.
Anyways, just a thought. If you want to write mean stuff,for those of you who are NOT anonymous commenter's, to me , then by all means go ahead because it's just going to be me seeing those replys...lol!!!!! But you'll have to do it through e-mail only.
3 years ago






1 comments:
I have to admit that I have been MIA from blog reading for quite a while, so don't know what all this is about, but just wanted to ask if you know that you can change the settings on your comment field so that it does not allow anonymous comments? Anyone that would comment would have to have an account/identity of some kind to be able to post anything. That's how I have mine set up. Anyway, hope all is well and that you are sorting whatever has happened previously out! :)
Post a Comment