
I've caved. I had no intention whatsoever to ever read or look at this book ever, but 2 of the girls at work convinced me that I would LOVE it and so I have caved into reading it. I don't know why I was convinced but I was. Maybe it won't be long before I will read Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter. The thought has actually crossed my mind. What's wrong with me???? lol
Tanner told me me last night that Matt told him that I didn't want any more babies and Tanner told me he wanted one. I told him that he would have to wait until he got married and had them with his wife. He seemed satisfied with that answer. So that's good.
I think that's it for now.
3 years ago






7 comments:
I LOVED twilight!!! and all the rest. harry potter was a great read too!! hopefully you like it!
I was SO anti reading these books, because of all the hype. And frankly a teenage vampire love story, just really did not appeal to me. But I caved and I read them all in like 5 days while I was at my parents' in January. I have to say that I am so embarrassed by how much I loved them. I don't like to jump on the band wagon, but I couldn't help it. I hope you like them.
Haha, I was SO skeptical about that series because come on....VAMPIRES. I loved all 3 and can't wait for the next one to come out. I hope you like them, they're fun :)
I thought the books were a good read but quite frankly, I was appalled by the main character. I would never want her to be a role model for my teenage girls! Usually I take a book at face value and use them for entertainment but she was just so selfish. I also didn't like how she couldn't survive without Edward and both her and Edward constantly mention the fact that they would literally end their lives if they weren't able to be together. That is not something I want my daughter to think is acceptable. I love her too much. Like I said I loved the stories, especially in the last installment but I really don't appreciate the messages sent. I could choose so many ( Bella having no value of her life and quite possibly soul, how she uses people as she sees fit, etc) I would much rather Harry Potter (which I loved) be read as at least Harry is determined, always stands up for right and for people who are less fortunate than himself and perserveres ( I know I spelt that wrong :) no matter what. Just a thought. I will mention that I am planning to read the next one as soon is comes out so what can I say :) I love vampire stories!
Ha ha - you'll have to let me know if you like them. I haven't read them.
Twilight kind of fell into my lap around this time last year. My two sister-in-laws were reading it and recommended it to me. I had not heard anything about it. It had been a long time since I had read a book for myself...usually reading to the kids.
I really enjoyed them and am looking forward to the 4th and final book in August. Not forgetting about the movie coming out in December :)
What I have found with these books is that it has struck a cord with so many women to pick up a book and start reading again. I find that I get busy with my crazy life, my kids, church calling etc. that I hardly take the time to read for myself. This is what these books did for me. I have read so many books since (non vampire books). I still think you need to be careful what you are choosing to read, but I think these books are a good read...and who wouldn't love two characters like Edward and Jacob :)
I hope you enjoy them...it is okay to conform...sometimes :)
Post a Comment