I am now going to be closing comments for the "Picture this" post. Also I am going private on Thusday or Friday so if you want to keep reading about my blog send me an e-mail or make a comment and I'll add you to the list of people to read my blog. Thanks.
3 years ago






20 comments:
What made you decide to go private?
I wish you would'nt close it, but understand if you do. I love coming on and reading what you have to say. You are so real... say it how it is, and anyone can see how much you love and care for your husband and child.
I'll miss having a browse around.
Keep your chin up... everything in your life will work out.
You have a GREAT support system... family, friends who love you for YOU... after all that's all that matters. A heavenly father who
loves you unconditionally... you are extremely lucky and blessed
I agree, I wish you wouldn't close it as I find your honest and refreshing. Yes, it's true, maybe you shouldn't say some of the things you say in a public forum but I love how you are real. There are so many people who aim to impress on their blogs by showing off and sugar coating and adding details about "charity" they offer. (is it really charity if you are doing it for attention? Which these people are or they wouldn't add certain specific details, etc). I love to see a really person who isn't afraid to have faults and doesn't mention them for show but because they are being sincere. I admire who you are and when you say you are not an amazing mom, it kills me because you are! Good luck with everything in the future and I hope everything goes well in your life.
Well, I want to keep reading. Add me.
please add me ... asladek11@gmail.com Thanks!
sometimes it is better to keep our comments to ourselves and those who know us best. You really never know who is reading your blog :D
But we all need a way to express ourselves the way we need to sometimes :D
You have every right to go private whenever you choose, and I'd love to keep reading. I always enjoy learning more about you from your posts, as well as keeping up to date on how your little family is doing.
I can understand frustrations with getting comments back that perhaps aren't in line with your opinions. It happens to everyone. Just remember, that in your posts you express YOUR opinions, and in the comments, reader post THEIR opinions. That's it, that's all. Please don't think that others are meaning to offend anymore than you are trying to offend in your posts. I think it's great to have an opinion, express it, and have feedback. Many comments I think are very well informed and could be helpful, but either way - take it in your stride. You're a great mom - anyone who knows you knows that. You're a great woman all around, and girl who knows what she wants. We can all respect that. I know I do. *hugs*
Please invite me to read should you go private :)
I just wanted to clarify that the reason I'm going private is not entirely because of the back lash I got on my last post. Though that has contributied to it. I just feel that I'm at a point right now where I feel that I only want the people who really want to read my blog reading it. So for those anonymous readers, I'm more than happy to add you if you really want to continue reading.
I know that I was mis-understood in my last post. It wasn't about trying to be judgemental or mean or spiteful. It was a situation that I was utterly shocked about, and though I do realize it came off as judgemental, that was not my purpose or intent for writing it. I do accept full responsibility for what I wrote and how it was interpruted by others.
And truth be told, I don't like people hiding behing an anonymous identity and not knowing who they are. It's kind of creepy to me. Not that that anonymous person is a creepy person, but if you're going to write something on my blog, I'd really like to know who you are.
Plus I'd really like to be able to feel safe enough to post more pictures on my blog, and right now I don't. I am very leary of posting pictures. I'm just a litte paranoid that way. So by going private, I can feel like I have more flexibility in posting more pictures.
Anyways, thank you to all who have ever read my blog and made comments. I have taken all the comments into consideration and thought about them through the night so thank you.
Id love to keep reading Mandy!
About the anonymous bit, I pondered it and I agree, if people dont have the guts to say what they want to say without people knowing, thats no better than judging and gossiping. People should own up to their comments.
Miss ya,
Malauney
I don't blame you for going with a private blog---it's a bit scary having your life so public, really. I go back and forth on it and started out with a private blog but...here I am publicizing my life and feelings... anyway...it's smart to keep personal things fairly personal but keep me on your list of people who can check in on your blog too. My email is dawnaraej@gmail.com
Thanks Mandy keep on keeping on--things will work out for you and Matt sooner or later. Unfortunately sometimes it feels like way too far past later than is possible to handle but hang in there....you'll make it.
just a thought, you are able to get the anonymous option taken out of your comment section. That way people must post ID or not at all. Another thought, yes I am sure there are creeps out there that you are valid to be afraid of (and who knows who they are?). But perhaps there are few of us that just wanted to support you (I posted earlier with encouraging comments but apparently it was misconstrued or judged as creepy) without wanting to turn attention on ourselves. Or perhaps we are using anonymous for other reasons like you might think we are trying to flatter you or may not listen to what we say if you knew who it was. I am very sorry if I bothered you and I will try to refrain from posting anything (although I have only ever posted positive comments and encouragement). I am sad that the post you chose to comment about this on was the one with anonymous "fans" who were being kind. PLease do not judge us as you wish others not to judge you. Best of luck in the future and I know you will be blessed if you just stick to it. :)
Add me..I want to keep reading.
Ummm...I wan't posting my comment on the anonymous commenter who posted here.
It was about ALL anonymous commenters.
Plus there are 2 anonymous commenters so I'm sorry that you took that comment to be specifically directed at you.
I know I wrote "Not that that anonymous person is creepy..." but it was a total typo and it was meant to read "Not that an anonymous person is creepy".
And I really don't care who writes what in the comments.
I find I respond less to the anonymous comments because I don't know who the comments are from and therefore don't feel like they really know me or who I am or my background. I respond a lot better to people who I know because even if they don't agree at all with my opinion or say what they think, I know they are making that comment out of love and respect for me. They know me and know that my intentions are not ill willed.
If you want to be supportive then don't do it behind an anoymous identity.
And I am not that egotistical or hot headed that I would honestly believe that anyone would ever write something flatering because that's what they thought I wanted to hear. Or that I was seeking it.
I may not listen even if I DO know who you are. That's the thing about agency is that I, ME, I get to choose if I want to take a persons advice or caution into consideration or even act on it.
But I don't believe someone should hide behind thier opinions or suggestions. And like Malauney said "if people dont have the guts to say what they want to say without people knowing, thats no better than judging and gossiping."
I was not judging anyone...it's just a safety measure. That's all.
I'm sorry that you felt like I was judging you specifically by my comment, but I wasn't.
And if you're such a "fan" why do you feel the need to be anonymous? ARe you afraid I might say something mean about you?
If you want to continue to be supportive, I would really appreciate that.
If some random person came up to you on the street because you did something they didn't agree with and said "you know, you're a really bad person because... and you should try to be more kind" you more than likey would probably brush it off not thinking anything of it or even taking what that person said into consideration. right?
But if someone you knew told you the same thing, you probably would actually take it into consideration because you would know that they loved you and that maybe, because they really know you, they might be right. And that their intentions were not because they hate your or don't know you.
I hope that makes sense.
But I was not pointing the finger at one specific person. There were actually 2 anonymous commenters so I'm sorry that you thought that I was directing it at you.
Maybe you could e-mail me or call me if you know me and we could talk about it and work it out. We all come from different backgrounds and upbringings and we all have different opinions on different things.
I just don't think you really know that my intentions are never to intentionally be mean or spiteful. Maybe, if you know of me, you don't really know who I am at the core and maybe it's all a mis-understanding. Anyways, that's all.
please add me
carlamj79@msn.com
Thanks =)
Oh.My.Goodness. (Referring the the last comment.) 1)Mandy - why don't you make it so you can't post anonymously on your blog? Then you wouldn't have to have this whole discussion. As for your so-called anonymous commenter who are so rude and negative - get over yourself. If you don't have the balls to identify yourself, then don't bother. And if Mandy's blog pisses you off, or whatever, then DON'T READ IT. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, and we live in a world where we can voice them however we choose. Mandy is a pretty strong person - which means she has strong opinions, but is able to take a lot of criticism.(which is why she LOVES the controversial posts - ha ha!) If you feel strongly enough that you want to say something, do what Mandy suggested and e-mail her, or say who in the hell you are. And if you want to make snotty little jokes, poking fun at someone who's just putting themselves out there honestly, not asking for anyone to read it or not, then you are creepy. And rude. And since you are so clever, maybe you should write your own blog so everyone in internetland can know of your great righteousness and wisdom.
I just wanted to quickly write a not to say that the jerk who wrote the rude comment with the "creep" address was not the same person to state their concerns and tell you that we support you. I agree with all of your points and I am also not trying to be controversial or confrontational. I do not think there is a problem so I don't think we need to work anything out (sometimes writing does not display the jovial tone or smiles it is written with as you probably know by now) but since we do know each other I would love to email you though. I am still going to post this under anonymous because I do have a person in my past who, for my safety, I do not wish to be able to track me down. It has taken awhile to feel secure and I must take these precautions in order to stay that way. I wanted to avoid stating something like that as it sounds so crazy and extreme. But sometimes innocent people have not so innocent people come into their lives who do sad things to them when they claim they love them. Sorry to bring that out but I wanted to let you know why I myself post anonymous. This is now my third comment on this post (so you feel better about all these anonymous ones:)
Add me.... sarah2990@yahoo.com
Ps. Did you get my phone message about PUF?
to most recent anon commenter: you don't have use your real identity to sign up or post a comment...just a thought.
Post a Comment