Thursday, April 10, 2008

Thank you for the Birthday wishes

I wanted to post this earlier, but life was crazy busy today. I had to make the parent snack (yes, you read that right. It's a snack for the parents) and it was a very time consuming thing. I made the cake balls that Bobbi found via Amy's website. I didn't take a picture of mine because they turned out NOTHING like THESE. So I won't even disappoint anyone with a pathetic picture. They were yummy and I took my sorry excuse for them to pre-school. But next time, I'll have to figure out how to make them smooth. Mine were all crumbly and...just trust me on this one.

Yesterday, my 29th birthday, for those of you who didn't know, was a wonderfully surprisingly great day. I didn't anticipate much because this is the very first birthday that I haven't been with my family. Even last year, I planned to be up there for my birhtday, but this year it just wasn't feasible. So I didn't expect too much. Well, can I just say it was probably the BEST birthday I've ever had. I first woke up (I guess that's a good thing) and Matt and Tanner both wished me a happy birthday. Then we went over to my Aunty Elaines to make cinnamon buns together. I wanted buns instead of a cake so that's what we did.

My Aunt is an amazing cook. If you haven't read my earlier entries let me just tell you that she NEVER measures anything when cooking. NEVER!!! Even when we are cooking bread together, she just puts it in and her stuff turns out amazing. She is probably, next to my Mom, the best cook ever. I can't say enough good things about her. I just love her so much. Anyways, so we made buns but it took like 5 hours. Between the mixing and the rising and the cooking, it was a long process. While I was there, one of my friends came over with a gift for me. She doesn't know my Aunt but knew I'd be there and found out where she lived and came to give me this:




It was so thoughtful for her to come and find me and give this to me. It was totally unexpected. Then I came home and my good friend, Sharon, brought me over this nice treat:




So amazing, my friend Sharon. I teased her back in February about doing this for valentines day because the parented pre-school teacher was describing it and I leaned over and jokingly said "I expect you to make this for me for Valentines day". So I got it on a better day. So thank you. Oh, she also gave me money to contribute to my "shoe wish" fund.

Just a quick explanation on my shoe wish fund. I would really love to have a good pair of running shoes. I have a $20 Wal-Mart pair. They aren't worn out or anything, and they still are in good condition, but I really wanted to have a quality pair while I'm taking this running thing seriously. I got money from both my Mom and Aunty Carolyn which was enough, with Sharon's money, to get a quality pair of shoes. I haven't decided which ones yet, but when I do, I'll be sure to post the pictures of my new jewels.

I got a lot a really sweet message from Suzanne, wishing me a happy birthday, my Mom and sisters called and sang happy birthday and my Aunt Carolyn did as well. Then when I went into work that night (I know, yes, I worked), the girls had written happy birthday on the whiteboard and 2 of them bought me this Fruitopia strawberry Kiwi drink that I use to love drinking at Subway when I first worked there in Calgary and when I told them the story, I jokingly said that that's what I wanted for my birthday was this drink. I got 3 bottles of it so I am in heaven. I'm not a big juice drinker, but sometimes I just want a sip or 2.

Then when I got home from work, there was a card in front of the computer screen. When I opened it, there was American money in it from 2 very dear friends for my trip to Great Falls in a couple of weeks. I was completely taken off guard.

Then tonight, Matt and I were able to do a session at the Temple together. It was so wonderful and I was so happy that we went. We really felt good and peaceful and calm there tonight and it was a nice session. Only 16 people, including us, were in the session. I sat in the front, which was a treat for me because we usually end up near the back.

So overall, it's been a terrific birthday. I have been amazingly blessed and continue to be so grateful for all that everyone does for me. I am so eternally grateful for all my friends and all the people that love me and think about me. It's not very often that more than just my family does much for my birthday. My best friend, Jamie, and I exchange birthday gifts, but other than that, it's usually always just been my family. I'm grateful that my friends were thinking of me and took the time to show me that they care. Okay, now that I'm all welled up, I'll stop.

I just have to say about the mouse picture...I actually wasn't even going to take a picture of it, but then I thought "why not?". I bet no one could picture this and I am not very good at describing things like that so I wanted to capture it and show everyone. I knew he wasn't going to run away and try to bite me. I had thrown a ball and sock at him and he didn't move so I knew I would be able to take the picture.

Sorry Lynn, for making you gag on your food. I hope you were okay.

Well, until next time...

6 comments:

Kalina said...

It's nice to hear that you had such a great birthday. Don't worry I never expected you to do the tag twice. :)

That if funny that you know Amanda's family. I was Robbie's first date when he got back from his mission. It was lots of fun. I'll have to tell you the story some time if you want to hear it...

Lynn said...

LOL! I had hoped someone would let you know. Actually, I was SO impressed that you didn't freak out! I could NEVER have just stood there and throw things at it let alone take a pic! But I am glad I don't have to look at the pic anymore. I can't even stand the movie Ratatouie. (sp.?) All those rats running around...GROSS! And they were fake. *sigh* I am a hopeless cause.
So happy that you had an awesome birthday!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great birthday! I went to your house to find you, then to Susannes/sharons, and finally I remembered that your FB status said something about making buns and Susanne was like "oh she goes to her aunts to bake once a month" so she told me how to get there and, the rest is history.

M said...

Happy Birthday One day late. I have to ask, am I the only one who cried about the mouse? And the picture made me sad. Im am such a suck!

P.S. If you havent bought running shoes yet, the Running Room is an awesome place to go, they analyze your walk, and help you shoose the type of shoe that will be support your feet, and prevent injury. They are a tiny bit pricey, but you can go there and have them help you pick a shoe, then find the same shoe elsewhere for less. It made a huge difference with my knees and hips to be fit in the proper shoe. I used to just pick the pretty ones...ol.

Congrats on sticking to your goals! Hope the next year is as good as this last one was for you and your family!

Jamie said...

Yay - I'm glad you had a good birthday!! I'm excited to have our own party on Monday and give you your present! I also have something for Tanner, because he couldn't come to Nate's party!

Christal said...

So glad you had a great birthday you are loved girl!!!!