There has been a lot that has happened in the last few days so this may be a big, jumbled post, but bear with me.
On Sunday we went to my Aunt's for dinner and Tanner saw the ensign and said "It's President Monson...Yea!!! We follow the prophet". It was so sweet.
OH WAIT WAIT...the night before the reason I was up so late was because of this little sneaky devil
I came home from work and saw that the mouse trap under the computer desk was flipped over and so I went a little closer to see if the mouse was in it...nope. So I went to put something down on the counter and I hear this little "squeak, squeak". When I turned around, there was the mouse on the back of the loveseat just sitting there. I threw a sock and ball at it and it didn't move. So I went and woke Matt up (this is at 12:30am) and he put it in a bag and put it in the garbage. He discovered it was injured and put it out of it's misery before he threw it out. I HATE mice!
Anyways, so then yesterday I thought of a great idea of how to get Tanner to sleep in his room. We bought this tent thing at IKEA a few years back for him to play in and it ended up just holding all his stuffed animals. When we moved here, I had put it away thinking nothing of it. So I thought "if I get it out, I wonder if Tanner will sleep in it". So yesterday, I asked him if I pulled out his tent, would he sleep in his big boy bedroom in his tent. He of course was excited about this and couldn't wait for me to get it set up. So these are his new sleeping digs:
Yesterday, I went into the new, local quilt shop, which, by the way, has BEAUTIFUL fabric. Probably the most beautiful I've ever seen. I love this store and I think it will quickly become a favorite place of mine. Anyways, I bought a magazine that had some really cute apron patterns...I have a little fetish for aprons lately. I had my name entered into a weekly draw and guess what???? I WON!!! This is what I won:
The fabric on the top (the brown polka dotted stuff, the striped one and the 2 other polka dot fabric), is what I'm thinking of making a duvet cover out of. I think I'd like it to be reversible so I'll do the polka dots on one side and the stripes on the other. I have a picture of what I want it to look like in my mind but I can't really explain it. ALSO....my name will be entered for a sewing machine at the end of the month! Can you even stand it??? I can't. That would be so exciting. I don't have a sewing machine and my Mom is suppose to be getting one of the 3 she has repaired for me but she just hasn't had the time. I think I'm more excited for that then tomorrow.
So because I'm feeling really really really good today, I'm having a draw of my own today. 5 cards for a lucky individual. All you have to do is tell me in the comments section what has been your favorite card you have recieved and if you send cards yourself. I will keep the draw open until Sunday. I'll post the winner on Monday. Only 1 post on the contest will be counted. Here is a picture of the cards. There is a thank you, birthday, friend, love and misc. card.
So I hope you all enjoy this fun filled post.
3 years ago






13 comments:
LUCKY!!! I'm so glad you won - I don't sew very much, though I bought a couple of patterns to make some aprons, and they are still sitting there. I'm just no good with patterns :S
My favorite card I received was actually a thank you from my friend Michelle. She gave me a box with a few cards in it - to give away! I used them easily but now I'm missing them. I USE cards, but I don't MAKE cards. Great contest, Mandy!
Hey Mandy, my life calmed down a few minutes ago and the kids are down for naps so I thought I'd check out your blog and card contest! You do make cute cards! Sorry about the nasty mouse--nasty little things. The worst episode I had with one was on my mission when one got caught in a trap by a toenail or something and was flipping all over the kitchen in the middle of the night--I didn't know until I was walking across the kitchen floor to the bathroom--I think I almost had a heart attack or fainted from disgust. I honestly think the mouse eventually died from it's own heart attack-it seemed so scared! That was absolutely DISGUSTING!!!
The most memorable card I can think of right off was from my grandma at the time I loved Sunflowers. The card had a sunflower on it. I was touched that she remembered that I loved sunflowers. My sisters make really cute cards too and I always love it when I get them. The last one I can think of that I made and gave away was one for Mont for V-Day.
I LOVE the fabric you won and can't wait to go to that store--that makes me SO HAPPY to know they have a cute fabric store here. I love sewing projects--quilts is my specialty and to tell you the truth they aren't that special but I still love making them!!! Good luck with the monthly draw for the sewing machine--I hope you win it. If I win I'll give it to you, k! Hope you have a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow!!!
Mandy love the post!! Hate the mouse yuck!! disgusting rodents that they are!! Great idea for the bed that is awesome!! You are the best mom!
So for my favorite card I recieve would have to be from my inlaws every year for my birthday its always so sweet and personal and I love them. I also have probably every card and letter anybody has ever sent me in boxes in my journals in manilla folders-is that bad I'm not really a pack rat I just love cards MAKING them/ RECIEVING them/ SAVING them and of course winning them!!
I'm so excited for you winning this week that is awesome you deserve!! Feels good eh! Cute material too!!
Well Mandy Have a very happy birthday tomorrow !!! Here's to another great year! ttyl
LUCKY YOU!! I seriously never win anything. I love the fabric, so cute!
The mouse... all I can say is... YUCK!!! I would have been on top of the table crying.
So my favorite card would have to be anyone from my best friend. She always goes out and finds really funny ones... so I start out laughing. Then she writes in them and I start bawling. Every year on my birthday she gives me a card with all the reasons she has loved being my best friend that year! I love it! Fun contest. I really want to do something like this on mine, but I am trying to think of something fun for it...
Ewwwwwww!!!!!! I cannot believe that cheeky little thing. I'm shuddering in my own house right now! Congrats on the contest win - what store is that? The Richardson's store? I love the fabric and I'm sure the apron and duvet cover will be cute too.
We always got cards growing up and they were always full of the stuff my parents found hard to say out loud, which was nice. But just this past birthday I got a card from Sis. Helgerson in our ward that was very touching. Nothing special about it, not funny or anything like that. Just the fact that she gave me a card when she's not my VT or neighbour or anything like that.
As for your birthday, I don't think there will be a card, but it will hopefully be tasty. Ty just came downstairs and asked "What's on the stove???? Can I have some????" You'll have to wait until tomorrow!
Everyone wish Mandy a happy 29th wednesday!
Ew - mice. I would have FREAKED out.
We have that tent too - fun times! Let's see, what do I need to get Nate to do? Stop talking back - do you think he will stop talking back in the tent?
So exciting that you won the fabric and book! Have fun with that! I am on a serious sewing craze right now (as you can probably tell...) Maybe I will have to come and visit your fabric store! :)
Cards - that's so hard! I seriously love all the cards you have given me - and I'm not just saying that. They are always so cute and personal and make me feel good. Once, I was feeling seriously depressed about life and one of my best friends from high school came to where I was working and left a beautiful book and card in my car. She always would write the nicest cards with lots of great quotes and beautiful, uplifting thoughts. It was the most amazing thing, especially since she didn't even know I was having a really rough time. I will always remember that.
I just can't believe you got a picture of the mouse. That is not something I would have even thought of. I hope you don't have to deal with any more of them. I like your cards. They are really cute. If you want to see some other ideas, you should check out my sister's blog. It's tilanesblog.blogspot.com
It has lots of pictures of cards she has made. My favorite card was one I got from my friend who married my brother. I haven't received many homemade cards but it was what was written inside that made it my favorite. I always end up keeping those types of cards so I can read them whenever I want to.
My favourite cards to receive are ones from Denver. He gets these really nice handmade looking or artsy cards, not just Hallmark. Then instead of writing in the actual card, he writes on a separate piece of paper and sticks it inside so that I can reuse the card or use it for scrapbooking. Very thoughtful! I also love to receive cards from one of my brothers, because he writes really funny things, but he also writes the loving things he doesn't say out loud.
I give cards when I have to. I usually make them. I would like to give cards more often, but since I'm usually whipping them up last minute, I don't.
Happy birthday!!
WHew! It's been awhile since I was here. I can't believe that you took a picture of the mouse! I would have been freaking out. As it was I was eating and I totally started to gag when I saw your pic. LOL!
The best cards I get are from my husband, He takes TOTAL time to pick just the right one with the right topic and words that express what our life is at that moment. I love it.
Mandy,
You are so awesome. This is a double comment, for the cards, Super cute. I think my favorite cards I get are the best because of what is written inside. I do send/give cards, and I always try to write something meaningful. inside, a personal note!
As for your comment question, I personally dont leave too many comments, I just have quite limited time, I know it only takes a second, but uhh I guess I just like to read and think and dont think the writer will care it I comment or not. It is something to think about. I am goig to try better. But still only if I think I have something important to say.
That's awesome that you won!! I've been trying to think of my all time favorite card and I decided it was one my mom gave me for Mother's day when I was pregnant with Josh. It was just so sweet. My mother in law gives great cards to-they always say the sweetest things. I've got my fingers crossed for the draw as you make fabulous cards!
I think my fav card I ever got was from Erica, She loved it so much I got the same card TWICE! There must not be too many sis-in-law cards out there. But she also makes wicked homemade cards that put storebought cards to shame!
Post a Comment