Yesterday as I was looking for Tanner's tent thing...which can I say has been VERY successful last night and it worked...he had climbed in the car. Normally, this is totally fine and it doesn't really bother me. We played in the car when we were kids and we were perfectly fine so I don't worry about Tanner when I can see him right there. It beats trying to chase him around keeping him in the yard and not wandering down the street. So all of a sudden I smell something. My dear, lovely, Sweet, kind, considerate, gentle Tanner had sprayed insect repellent (which was still in our car from summer) in the car on the dashboard and on the back window. At least no bugs will come in our car. The car has been airing out during the day with the windows fully open. What a lovely treat...lol.
I was thinking today, what makes a good blog post in which people comment a lot. Is it a lot of friends or connections? Is it interesting things being said? Is it just the day? Maybe the length of the post? I seem to post a lot but don't get as many comments. Why is that I wonder....am I too honest? Am I too abrupt? Do I not write well? Am I boring? Are people afraid to comment? To me, it doesn't matter if I know a person or not, if I think they posted something that I think about to and or have an opinion on, I'll post a comment. I usually tell them, if I don't know them, how I came across their blog or who I know that knows them. Are YOU afraid of posting a comment???? I wont' bite, I promise. And it doesn't even bother me if you have something to say that contradicts what I post. I like to know who my readers are.
On another note, a lot of people have posted about Sterling Low. It made me realize just how big of an impact a young person can make in the world. Not just him, but all of us. Those who know the Low family have nothing but kind, loving, thoughtful, generous things to say about them. I keep thinking over and over the line in the Hymn "tho hard to you this journey may appear, all is well, all is well...". What a blessing it is to know that the Lord loves us enough to have provided the Plan of Happiness for us and the knowledge that we can be with our loved ones again. The Lord will never leave us comfortless if we but turn to him for comfort and peace. I hope and pray daily that comfort and peace will bless the lives of everyone in the Low family. Having gone through something so tragic is a very difficult thing. I think a lot of people think of the parents, siblings and wife first, but it's important to remember that he was a nephew and soon to be uncle, a grandson, a cousin and friend. I think sometimes those people get left behind when someone dies. I hope that everyone in the family, immediate and extended, feel that comfort and love and peace. I know that he must have been a very valiant servant to have been called home so early. There is a greater work for him on the other side, and tho it is difficult to see or understand the big picture sometimes, it is a blessing to know that we will all see each other in the next life. I can't wait for that day to see the people that I love that I've lost. What a joyous day that will be.
So, I think that's all for now.
3 years ago






7 comments:
I actually think you generally get a decent amount of comments! I am surprised if I get more than 2 or 3. Sometimes I don't get any at all on posts I think I will get lots on... Who knows!?
I've been awol from the blog scene! but when I'm here, I do read your posts, they are well-written and interesting. reading back, I love that you actually have a PICTURE of the mouse. I don't think I would have thought to get out my camera if I had a mouse in my living room. Brilliant.
How very nice of Tanner to insect repelent your car. Now you won't have to worry about it getting west nile :) Actually my boys this morning, just poured out my FAVORITE purfume on the carpet... what can you do.
I think you generally get a good amount of comments. I guess it might be people who know about your blog? I don't know. Sometimes I get no comments on a post.... maybe it is just how people are feeling that day. Sometimes I haven't read someones blog in a few days, and when I get back they have 2 or three posts, so I don't always comment on all of them. Hmmm... something to think about.
My heart really goes out to all of the Low family. I had met Stirling a few times but my husband and his family knew him. My sil in went to school with him and they were pretty good friends, she is taking it pretty hard. I always have to remind myself that there is a bigger picture that I cannot see and that I WILL see my loved ones again!
I agree tha you seem to get a pretty good amount of comments. I wish more people would comment on mine but I know that not many people read mine. I think it has to do with the content and whether they have anything to say. It seems like my sister is the only person to comment on mine.
Glad to hear the tent idea is working for you. It's great that you wrote about the insect repellent too because it'll be fun to look back and remember and laught about it. :)
You know my problem is that I am not often at the computer with both hands free. From what I have seen, 3-4 comments per post is typical, unless you have a huge following, and who wants that many people following your every moveĆ
Love the story about Tanner in the car and so glad that he slept in his tent. What a great birthday present!
For me, the blog isn't really to see how many people read it or comment on things I say, but more a way for me to keep a journal in a sense. Of course, you do write for others to a degree too, but it is more of a way to actually have a place to put my thoughts and things that are happening with us because I am so bad at actually keeping a journal. It is nice to hear from people and know that there are others out there who have had similar experiences or can sympathize with you in some way, but if I was just writing for me, that would be okay too. I actually do have another blog that no one can access, but me and that is where I write my deep thoughts and feelings that are just for me and that is a good outlet as well.
I comment on posts that I have a personal connection with or it touched me in some way, but I don't feel the need to comment on every post. So, that's why you'll hear from me sporadically. :)
I've never at a loss for words and since we don't talk in person as much anymore I tend to comment on almost every blog you write that I read!! LOL. Miss you lots.
Post a Comment