The title has nothing to do with my post....it's just a HSM song I'm currently listening to.
Kristi is clearly inspiring to me because I've referred to her a couple of time on my blog lately. She did this 21 in 10 post and it inspired me to write my own "21 things to accomplish in 10 years". So here it goes.
1. Buy a house. If Matt gets the job full time permanently in the fall, we will be looking in about a year for a house. We are cautiously optimistic.
2. Go to New York. I use to want to go there because I thought it was so great, but now I just want to go just to say I've gone. It's lame...I know. I think New York has become slightly over rated and it's not a place where you just dream about going anymore. Lots of people have gone that I know and I think I want to be a follower in that sense.
3. Adopt or naturally have another baby. We would love to add to our family but we know and trust in the Lord that it will be in His time.
4. Read the Bible all the through. I am in Deuteronomy 11 so I'm getting there. It's taken me a long time but I am actually really, really enjoying the things I'm learning. I wish I had the time I use to before I worked to study daily but I have to learn to take what I can get.
5. Go to Nauvoo. When Tanner is 12, we are hoping to go.
6. Make the perfect loaf of White Chocolate bread. This is a delicious, yummy bread that the family I use to Nanny for gave me when they got it from their vacation in Punta Cana. I will not talk about it anymore, but I would like to perfect it.
7. Be more inspiring and not so outwardly superficial. I read other people's blogs and am totally inspired but quotes/stories and I think sometimes I seem a little shallow to people, but I'm really not. I want to work on my outward persona and be a better person.
8. Show my love to people as deeply as I feel it.
9. Be as equally of a good friend to my friends as they are to me. I have the greatest friends and I feel like sometimes they are much better friends to me than I am to them.
10. Be a way better wife. I'm not a very good wife...I know I'm not...I don't need flattery here. I think some people are really good at being a wife but have a hard time being a Mom or a sister or a friend. I don't feel like I'm a terrible Mom. I believe in my capabilities in that capacity, but not so much as a wife. I know I'm not perfect and there's always room for improvement. I'm learning as I go.
11. Travel with my friends to anywhere for a girls weekend getaway.
12. Have a "real" honeymoon with Matt. We never went on a honeymoon. A year after we were married we went to Alabama to visit a family on his mission. We've never gone anywhere...just the 2 of us.
13. Take Tanner to Disneyland. After 8 is the magic age...so I've been told.
14. Read Pride and Prejudice. It's on my shelf to take on my trip to Salt Lake this summer.
15. Meet the Prophet. I've met President Hinckley and I would love to meet President Monson.
16. Go to a super fancy restaurant. I think this would be a once in a lifetime experience.
17. Eat at a real Japanese or Chinese restaurant. I'm too chicken to go because I don't know what I would/should order. If any of you have gone, I'll take you just so you can come with me...let me know
18. Eat a lobster.
19. Swim in the Ocean
20. Eat a Peach right off a Peach tree
21. Love deeper
3 years ago






3 comments:
These are amazing goals! I love how well you know yourself, and how your goals reflect that.
We are all learning as we go. Think how boring life would be if we had all the answers handed to us at birth.
Good list! :) I like the peach tree best!
Post a Comment