Friday, June 11, 2010

Challenge




Over at busybeelauren.blogspot.com she's having a fun little challenge. Find an old photo and tell the story behind it. I have A LOT of pictures that I love but not many of them have a story behind them. I usually take pictures just to capture a moment of Tanner or because he looks so darn cute. This one has a bit of a story, though.

I am not normally a spontaneous person if it involves travel or spending money. Matt had wanted to go to Elbow Falls for a long time. So one day I said "let's drive out to Elbow Falls". He thought I was kidding but then I suggested a little Sunday picnic after church and we drove out. It was a perfect day and we had a blast! The picture says a thousand things.

First off, looks as though we are in the water. We're not. We were on a rock landing in the water.

Second, our faces speak small volumes of how great a time we had

Third, I basically have a death grip on Tanner because I was so nervous that I would slip if he moved around too much. Rocks are very slippery when wet, and I was a bit nervous, but it was fine.

Lastly, I really like the outfit both Tanner and I have on. We quite often as a family match on Sundays. Well, either Matt and I or Tanner and I or Matt and Tanner. It's kind of funny because I know some families that plan to have their kids in similar outfits but not me. My sisters and I use to ALWAYS be put in matchy matchy outfits as kids. Megan and I got the exact same dress/skirt and blouse and Amy and Melany got different version/style of that same dress. I remember these pink dresses...do you remember them Megan??? My Mom made them and we wore them a lot. Everyone thought we were so cute in matching dresses but we didn't always feel that way. How do you choose your own identity and/or style when you're always dressed the same or similar as your siblings. Sometimes it was fun...the first time we had matching dressed/p.j's we thought it was so great. But it gets kind of boring after a while. Anyways, I don't purposely dress my family in matching things.

This was a fun picture to go down "memory lane" to. I remember this day so clearly and there are quite a few pictures in this batch that I could have chosen that have great stories but I decided on this one. So enjoy!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Hooray for spontaneity! :)

Megan D, said...

Yes I remember the dresses!! Thinking about it now I loved getting a new dress or outfit. I don't think it was until we were preteens (and mom was still trying to dress us in matching outfits) that I stopped enjoying the matching dresses or outfits. But I'm totally going to dress my kids in matching outfits.

Jamie said...

Fun!