5 general rules I have in my life:
1. Always try your best
2. Life is all about choices
3. Drink lots of water
4. Be punctual
5. Be honest
This week has been a not so great one. Probably one of the most stressful, overwhelming weeks I've had. Even more so than when Tanner was born. I am looking forward with hope that next week will be better.
Matt and I were not able to go to the temple yesterday because we were waiting around for the paper delivery guy to bring the papers. I guess his car broke down (poor him, but not poor us because we got called by some of our customers asking where their paper was) and they didn't show up until 5 o'clock. By then, Matt was at work and I didn't get home until 10pm. So they got delivered with today's papers. But we did get to go out for lunch together. We were going to go to the golf course but the road looked like it was rained out so we chose the Chinese food place. We ended up running into someone we hadn't seen in years and chatted with her so although it was nice to catch up, we didn't really get a "date". So I guess that means we'll get to go out again...right? lol
We will go to the temple next weekend. I planned a temporary alternate day this month. I'm not sure why I did, but I felt I should. It's a good thing I did.
I watched the movie "When in Rome" with Susanne last night. It was a good movie, but I probably wouldn't recommend it for the fact that it has sketch nudity in it. Think Titanic...when he sketches her naked. Although that may not phase other people, it does me. The story was cute and there was no swearing otherwise. It might make me a prude, but I just would rather not watch that stuff if I can help it. It's hard to know sometimes with movies. You live and you learn.
Glee...have you seen this show? I haven't and I would like to see one episode to see what the hype is about. Is it really any good? I imagine it's a bit like High School Musical crossed with Grease. Maybe I'm totally off base, but that's what it seems like.
I have been taking pictures for my "My life in Photographs" project...if that's what you can call it. It's kind of fun actually. It makes you really think about your life. I've always tried to keep a journal and although I'm not super faithful at it, I do try. Not too long ago, life seemed simpler and it was easy for me to keep up in my journal writing, but now it's not so easy.
Cleaning for other people has really taught me a lot. About myself and about what I want. I really enjoy cleaning for other people because I love seeing the end result and I love helping other people out.
Parenthood is HARD! I knew it was going to be hard but lately I feel like "what do I have to offer". Why did Tanner and/or the Lord choose me to be the parent of Tanner? Because I feel like I'm doing the worst job EVER! I'm glad that he's in Calgary right now because I really needed the break. Why don't parents ever get to have a "grandma" break? lol
The weather...although it has rained and rained, the prediction is that it's suppose to be a hot, dry summer and if that's true, we are all going to be wishing and praying for the rain. I know it may ruin farmers fields and even our own gardens, but this is the time to prepare. We need to stop being so complacent in our thoughts that we'll always have what we need and prepare now for the things that lie ahead of us. Storms are just the beginning. If we have poor fields, food is going to start to be scarce and then what? If we don't have what we have been told we need, then we have only ourselves to blame. So take this time and make sure you are at least prepared with 72 hour kits as a start. I know we have some work to do with our own 72 hour kits. We don't all have all the things we need. We have a large amount, but we are working toward having all of it. 
Well, I'm off to clean my own house now. I hope everyone has a terrific weekend and I'll be back on Monday with "My life in Photographs".
3 years ago






2 comments:
Glee - I LOVE!!! I don't know if you would like it though...
Glee is awesome. It is definitely a must see! :)
Post a Comment