Saturday, June 26, 2010

5 for Friday

5...just a number

When I was 5 I would have been in pre-school and Kindergarten (my birthday is in April so I would have tuned 5 in April and finished being 5 in Kindergarten). pre-school and Kindergarten...I don't remember so much about pre-school but I remember this one time in Kindergarten. We did a Whinnie the Pooh play and I was a tree and I was so upset because I LOVED whinnie the Pooh and I thought I deserved to be him. But, I was not. Also, at the Christmas Concert, we did a song called Suzy Snowflake and I remember my Mom playing the piano for it and I thought I was the coolest kid around because MY mom got to play at MY concert. Clearly, I was not cool and am still not...lol

15! The good old teenage years. I had my first boyfriend (WHAT! A b/f @ 15! It is true...I was a rebel child). I had this huge crush on a boy named Clark but he was one of the popular kids and I was not so he didn't think anything other than I was a "loser". But then came Steve. Yes, we were in Drama class together and I don't really know why I was "in love" with him, but my heart twitterpated when I was around him. First loves....ahhhh....good times.

25. What was I doing at 25? I was preparing for Tanner's 3rd surgery. His Cleft Palate surgery. He also had another surgery that year, 6 months later. That was a very busy year for us but the end to his many surgeries was coming to a temporary end...for a season.

35. I'm not quite there yet, but I hope to have a house by then.

50! I am looking forward to 50. If we don't have any more kids (I want one more but it's up to the Lord), Tanner should be married by then and it will just be Matt and I. I am looking forward to traveling and going on a mission with Matt and just being the best I can be.

2 comments:

DJ said...

Great Post, Mandy!
Memories and Goals....I hope you get at least one more child but if not I see you as a content person who trusts the Lord---which is a great example to the rest of us!

Lady J said...

What a fun 5 on Friday. I laughed thinking about first loves. So glad that didn't work out.