I know 3 posts in less than 4 hours??!! Crazy...seeing as I've only been up since 12:09 this afternoon.
We just had this really great FHE on Monday that I was going to post but forgot.
In the March 2008 Friend on pages 29-30 there's an activity that we did. It's called "The Story of Jesus Christ" and has pictures that tells about His life. Anyways, it's meant to be a little book for kids to take to church as a kind of reverence book but we cut it out, pasted it on heavy paper and did an little activity with it. We put them on the floor and talked about Jesus' birth and asked him to find the picture that showed the birth of Jesus. Then the next one is Him visiting the temple when He was 12 so we talked about that and asked him to find the picture of Jesus in the temple. There are 10 pictures in all so that's what we did for each picture. It was a good activity for Tanner and it kept him interested because he LOVES putting things one after the other (similar to sequences but not always in any particular order. We have to work on that with him a bit). So he seemed to really enjoy it.
Anyways, I'm sure you could tweak it to your own families but this is what worked for our family. Our FHE's are usually only about 10 minutes at the most because with a 4 year old, we don't expect he'll sit for too long. I mean, it's not like going to church for 3 hours. Some kids can sit longer than that and I know as he gets older, the lessons will be a bit longer and more involved.
So I just thought I'd share that. I find the Friend has really really great activities that can be used for FHE's for older and younger children. You can find past Friends online on the church website here and they have the activities on there that you can print off. I have the issues from 2004 and on. I just went back through them a little while ago and cut all the activities out so I can do up a little quiet activity Church box for Tanner. I'm going to put flannel on the back of a bunch of the pictures so I can use them for flannel board stories etc. I am slowly working on it right now. It's a very time consuming thing because with all the cutting and pasting on heavier paper and then putting flannel on the back, it take about 10 minutes just to do one little figure cutout. I'm really excited about it and will post picture for sure when I'm done.
3 years ago






3 comments:
are those the laminated pictures he was looking at on Sunday? I'd be interested in a set for my own kids.
Oh ya - another reason to not stop posting - for the last month or so I have checked your blog BEFORE I check facebook, my email, or even my blog. Maybe because I know you will always have something interesting to say, and there isn't much new on the other sites!
No, the laminated ones he was looking at are actually just those ones you get at the Bookstore. My Aunt bought them and laminated them and put a hole in the corner with a ring to flip them. They're pretty inexpensive to get and you can usually get them in sets. If not, I think they're like .85 cents a picture.
I am soooo honored that you check my blog before your facebook and email. Wow! I didn't know I was that interesting to anyone.
Thanks for coming over today. I really am glad that we are friends.
Matt says "tell sharon to tell tyler that he better call me when he's ready to that fence because if he doesn't, i'm going to be offended. you know it's a good way to get to know other people and friendship other people and i really like tyler and sharon. i really honestly want to help him build that fence"
So there...lol.
Kelvin (and Jordan and Adam) helped with the last few sections the other night, but there is still the front sections, gates and top rails. I know Kelvin is really anxious to get the top rail done, but it is a two man job, if Matt REALLY wants to build!
Post a Comment