For the month of August I'm going to make a goal of writing at least one thing about that day every day. We are having our Internet cancelled August 19th because we can't really afford the extras right now. And right now Internet is an extra because we don't need it for anything specific. We only got it because Matt needed it for his Plumbing job and now that money is really tight, it's something we have to cut until we can afford it. I also cut my hours a bit at work. I know it will be a blessing being home at least one to two more nights.
We were able to get a one time welfare benefit check so that we could get through August, which is a HUGE blessing. Matt is working until the early fall at the church ranch building a fence. Then hopefully he'll have found something by the fall to start. If not, we will be back at square one. Which I'm worried about a bit already. I hope that all the students that will be going back to school will leave more job opportunities open for people like Matt. He'll go to school in January (we are planning, anyways) and take the criminal justice course. Then in the summer he hopes to work with his Dad doing landscaping and such and then go back to school in the fall of '09 and finish the course. That's the plan, but sometimes, things happen. So I'm not getting my hopes up to high. We'll just have to wait and see. I'm just trying to take it one day at a time and not think too much about it. I'm trying to live in the moment just for now.
Next month my Mom is having her 60th birthday...even though her birthday is in November. But since November will be a crazy month because my sister and her husband are expecting their first baby and Tanner's birthday is in November, and it will be too cold to have a picnic in the park, we are doing it next month. I am really excited. I have been put in charge of games and let me tell you, I have some really good ones that I have a good feeling that will be a hit. I will tell you all about them when the party is done. I'm really excited to do them.
Also Tanner is going up to spend 4 days with my Aunt Carolyn for her birthday. Every year it's our gift to her. It's a special time for her to spend time with him and she really loves him a lot. They are going to go to Calaway Park, Drumheller, out to a friend's acreage to see the horses and go for a haircut. I know that I am planning on sleeping in a little longer in the morning and staying up a little later at night...lol. Not really. I'm going to make cards.
So that's about all for now. Oh, Tanner is also in swim lessons when he gets back from Calgary. I'm excited for that, so is he.
And my Aunt is coming down in September for 10-14 days to help me make a quilt for mine and Matt's bed with the fabric I won in April from the quilt store here. I also signed up for a quilting class at the end of September to make this really simple twin size quilt. I just have to get a sewing machine. Maybe that will be motivation for my Mom to get one of her 3 sewing machines repaired for me to have...lol.
When we were up in Calgary last month we went to Calaway Park and Tanner went on the log ride with me and he is tall enough to go on the little bumper cars. He really wanted to go on the roller coaster but he's not big enough yet. A couple more years and then he can go. Here's a picture of him on the cars:
So that's what's happening at our house.
3 years ago






4 comments:
I'm sorry that things are so tight right now. My husband and I have been through alot of years like that when we were in school, and all I can say is that it does get easier. And one day you will look back on this time in your marriage and you will have fond memories of how creative you got so that you could make ends meet. I know that it feels overwhelming sometimes, and that you are barely keeping your head above water, and my only advice is to keep praying, paying your tithing and working hard and I promise that you will survive! Oh, and to make it a little more fun, find some friends who are in a similar situation and take turns having games nights at each others houses! I can't tell you how many nights we stayed up late with our friends playing cards and it was so much fun and REALLY CHEAP!!!
Tanner looks so cute driving a car. Pretty soon he will be behind the wheel of a real one...
I can see Matt enjoying the CJ program - hopefully he can see that too!
Tomorrow I will finally get my butt in gear and oil my old sewing machine so you can give it a whirl. Your mother has enough things on the go, it seems like!
I can relate to how you are feeling, but please, please just keep perservering as you have been. This too shall pass, and you'll have obtained so many blessings from thriving through this trial. I know things will get better because I KNOW the Lord's hand is in your life. Maybe the job meant for Matt isn't available yet, maybe he hasn't met the person who will open that door yet. One thing I've come to learn through our recent job trials is that the Lord opens one door at a time until you arrive at the place He has planned for you - and that place will be wonderful! I'm so impressed by your positive attitude, and I just know things will work out for you. In the meantime, you are in my thoughts and prayers. LOVE YOU!
Oh my - WHERE HAVE I BEEN? I just came by your site and there are about 50 new posts! Sorry I haven't come by more often! I keep forgetting to check it now that it's private because new posts don't show up on my Google Reader feed!
Post a Comment