Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Memories

I'm such a follower...I saw this on a few people's blog's and thought I'd try it out for myself.

Here's how it works:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew/know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you (if you really don't want to play but still want to leave a comment, just leave a comment and then tell me that you would rather not play)

11 comments:

Jamie said...

Ugh - now I have to think of something nice to say? Ha ha - JK, that will be easy!
I remember after Tanner was born, we came to see you in the Children's Hospital (the old one!). I remember sitting in a lounge place, chatting about your experience and then all the complications with your new baby. I was so impressed (and have been ever since) with your strength and positive attitude. Even though we are REALLY good friends, you have never said to me - why me? That day, you didn't feel sorry for yourself, you weren't depressed for the difficulties and struggles that lay ahead - you were so grateful to have such a beautiful baby. You didn't complain about having to sleep in a CHAIR, night after night - I don't think you even cried about your little man. It was always positive, we-can-do-this, what's-the-big-deal kind of attitude. And that amazes me. AMAZES me. And that is why Tanner is so happy and well-adjusted and doing so great. Because he has amazing parents who love him like crazy and support him in everything he does.
I remember when you took me to see the little guy in his bed with his sunglasses on and you were just oozing pride. Since I was pregnant myself, I was still in the dark about the depth of a mother's love - but I saw it that day in you. NEVER think that you don't have what it takes to get through whatever you have to struggle with, because you are so much stronger than you know. I am blessed to call you my friend.

Itworksforbobbi said...

Hmmm... let's see. I'm terrible with memories actually (don't have very clear memories sometimes). I guess what I remember most is kind of a collection of memories - all the times I'd see you sitting at church with Tanner, teaching him to be reverent, being so patient with him - just a great example of motherhood. I also remember how awesome you were with the young women when you were YW pres. They loved you and you really had their best interest at heart every second.

Lynn said...

My memories of you are when I was your Visiting Teacher. I enjoyed our visits immensely. You are always upbeat and had many wonderful insights to share. Loved our Visits!

Lahni said...

Mostly I just remember sitting around at Jamie's house chatting with you. I also remember that time we all went to the Chocolate Bar for somebody's birthday (?). That was fun.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I think the best time I have spent with you is when we made ginger bread houses at Sharon's this past Christmas. I still have no idea how you got yours to stay upright, mine fell in on itself in my driveway :)

Christal said...

Mandy good memories of you and susanne VTing I really miss you guys! We had some good long fun talks! You are a great mom and I love watching you with tanner he will have so many awesome memories with a mom like you!

Tara said...

I don't really have any specific memories, as I am a Little older than you, but I think that trek would be my memory.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mandy, this time my comment will stay on your comment list...i think I did something stupid and deleted that last one anyway so my first memories of you is when Lorrie and I came to visit and get to know you better we both came out of there feeling good about you as a RS instructor---which you did a great job at BTW--I was very impressed with your skills as a mom to Tanner, your strong spirit, testimony, and faith. The other memory I have is when we had some good talks on our one bike ride together. That was fun! You are great! I'm glad you live here and that we all get to know you. You are a great person!

TheMousirFamily said...

Well Mandy, mine would be a little older of you as I have not been around you in many years other than on a computer, but I would have to say my memories of you would go back to our youth ages, as I remember playing at your house alot, I remember the love there that I ways wanted to take it home with me, or stay there forever with your family, I also remember in highschool watching you and admiring how much you stood for the church and wish I could do that more instead of what became of me....there are many more moments, but now as we are older and I have got to know you again over the computer I would have to say I am so proud of the mom you have become....you are amazing!

Christal said...

mandy thanks for your comment you are so nice!! you made me cry! I thought you were going to say you found out I'm pretty stupid ha ha!! Being immature all together is to fun we are only as old as we act eh! This memory thing is fun some of the memories on mine I didn't even know about or remember so its fun to see what people remember! Well hope your having a great day! How is matt enjoying his job? Hope all is good!