Thursday, May 15, 2008

I miss Tanner

Sadly for me, and happily for Tanner, my Mom took Tanner up to Calgary on Wednesday until we get up there on Saturday for the work bee. As soon as they drove off, I started to cry a little and got all my card making stuff out so I could focus on something else. But it's very unusually quiet and I'm not enjoying it all the time. Some of the time I am, but not all the time. I haven't even gotten to talk to him today yet : ( Ahhhhh....oh well.

BUT! Matt and I treated ourselves to sugary, no good for you in any sense of the word, eat until you can't stop cereal. Matt chose Corn Pops and I chose Fruit Loops. Mmmmm...I'm going to have a bowl for supper (like I did last night) when I'm done blogging. I know, it's not the best supper but who cares...we're livin' it up at our house! Sleeping in, eating all the crap we want, being totally selfish. But I do miss my little guy.

I have been able to make 8 cards so far. It usually takes me about 45 minutes to make one from picking out the card I want to make, to picking the colors, to deciding what ink, what technique, where to apply what to the finished product. A lot of people think it's easy and quick, but if you want a nice card, you have to put some thought into it and take the time to make it look good. Plus embellishing it is the hardest for me. I never know how or what to embellish it with. Buttons? Ribbon? Brads? Embossing? It can be a lot of work to think of cards to make. I'm thinking of taking them over to the new quilt shop here and seeing if I can sell them there.

Anyways, that's what we've been up to. I just want to say a HUGE thank you to all of those who have been praying for us and helping us with leads. It has really helped and we can feel the power of the prayers on our behalf. It is so appreciated and we are so grateful. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Until later (if I don't make more cards) or next time....

0 comments: