So Matt and I decided that it was not in our best interest to work for a company such as the one he was with. So we took the truck and everything else back up to the company and left it at that. We both feel really good about it and know that something else will work out. I actually feel happy that we got ourselves out of the situation when we did because I'm not sure how much longer we could have lived walking on egg shells, having this dumb company manipulate us. What a headache.
So in spite of my frustrations, I will not post my personal feelings on this company and or boss because heaven forbid I might be accused of slander and get sued. WHATEVER!!! It's okay for people to complain about Telus or Shaw or a place they got a bad haircut at, but I'm not allowed to say anything about Action Auger because it's different if I said anything that wasn't positive about the stupid company right??? *rolling my eyes*
Anyways, my Mom and Aunt arrived from Utah today and they had a great time down there visiting their sister.
Sisters are so great. I hope that I can have a good relationship with my sisters when I'm older. I mean I do, but everyone in a family has their own differences and issues. I guess that's what makes a family so great is having different characteristics. It's nice that we all just fit together and even though there are things that bug us, that's what makes us love each other more.
It's funny this year because I didn't even think about Mother's Day. For me, it's just another day. I don't ever expect it to be anything overly special. I think because I have such an amazing husband and great son, I feel like most days are Mother's day for me. I feel lucky, every day (yes, even despite the crankiness), to be blessed to be a mother and have the wonderful son that I do. There really isn't a week that goes by that for at least one day, I don't feel special because of something Matt or Tanner does. So to have one day out of the whole year to celebrate motherhood is not really anything spectacularly great. I appreciate it, don't get me wrong, but I think if I had more children and they all did something special just for me on that one particular day, I might feel differently.
And on the subject of Mother's day, how come when it's father's day, the fathers don't get something special in church. I have only been in one ward (the Horizon ward) where they did give out something to the Father's. Why is that? Why are mother's or mother's day, more important than father's? Aren't we suppose to be equally yoked? So if we are equally yoked, why do mother's get a flower, or plant or whatever the gift may be and father's don't? Do people think that father's are less appreciative or deserving of something a little extra? There's always someone saying that a mother works 2 full time jobs, but isn't the fact that the husband provides and works outside the home, equally as important to raising a family? Both are working for the greater good but in different ways. The concept is like washing dishes. There's more than one way to wash dishes. Just like there is more than one way to teach a child about work or whatever the goal is. Life is kind of funny that way.
Anyway, that's my philosophical brain talking tonight.
Until next time...
3 years ago






6 comments:
Good for you for cutting loose. When we walked away from that job in Taber, it didn't make any sense because like you, we figured that a soul-sucking job was better than no job at all. But once we did, we felt like a big weight had been lifted and it opened up things so that they could work out like they needed to. Tyler wanted me to invite you guys over on Monday but I got busy and distracted, so we will have to get together sometime next week. I miss seeing you everyday now that you decided to run outside in the fresh air instead of in my dingy basement!
I'm glad you guys made the break. We did the same thing with my hubby's last company, and have never looked back. We've been so blessed with his new job, never realizing what it was like to be treated with respect and get paid what he was worth! I pray everything works out for you. I know it will.
And amen to the father's day thing!
LOL! I'm glad that you mentioned that about Father's Day gifts in Horizon Ward. That is exactly how I felt and so that is why my husband decided that it was time to honor Fathers too when he became Bishop. And he STILL continues that tradition in Sunridge ward now. I'll have to send you a pic of what we get the men when I get one.
Good for you for coming to a decision together about Matt Job. IT truly is not worth working at a place where you are not happy and stressed out. It does not help you in life in all aspects at all. My motto is enjoy where you work, cause we all work to live and live to go to work. *sigh*
We'll keep you in our prayers that something new and great will come a long for Matt.
Mark worked at a place years ago and we didn't know what to do if he left there. It was horrible. If he had not left there he would not have progressed at all. There are many people that he worked with still doing the same things in the same positions 7 yrs later.
I just read your last blog too. Sorry to hear all the trouble. it is so hard to figure out what to do with your life but what a great dad (and mom) for wanting to be together.
You are both so wonderful with that sweet boy. Everyone can see how much you both love Tanner. You are wonderful parents. You are trying to do what is best for your family and Father in Heaven will help. Whether in your time or His.
We all love you guys.
Jenn
Hey mandy hope all works out soon for you. About the fathers day thing our ward usually makes a big cookie for the fathers the young womens have done it in the past maybe last year they didn't but they usually do who knows this year but just wanted to let you know that.
my philosophy about the father's day thing is probably because of my dad and hubby. Men don't seem to care as much so they won't be offended if they don't get a gift. It is frustrating, Frieso could have absolutely nothing waiting under the christmas tree and he'd be fine with it. How do you make a day special for someone like that? Still trying to figure it out. Though my dad mentioned over the pulpit this mother's day to stay tuned for father's day so I'm thinking he has something in mind. Maybe you guys should visit our ward that day so Matt can get whatever great idea the bishop has come up with :D
Post a Comment