Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Vent Session!

I seriously, seriously need to vent at this exact moment or I am going to literally loose my mind and scream!!!!!! So here goes. Last night at work I was pulling a pan of bread out of the "cooling" bread cabinet to put in the front bread cabinet and I didn't realize that it was still piping hot because the first one I grabbed was cooled down enough to transfer. So I grabbed the piping hot one and, for what seemed like 5 minutes, kept saying oww, oww, oww, not knowing exactly what to do. So finally I dropped them on the ground (yes they got thrown out but on the positive side, they had been over cooked so we had to throw them out anyways) and just stood there. Then the shift manager said to quickly put it in cold water. So I'm standing there at the front of the store with my hand in running cold water with tears streaming down my face because it hurt SOOOO bad. Then I go to the back where she's gotten me a bowl of really really cold water and tells me to just leave my hand in there. She's had some training as a nurse so she looked at it and it wasn't blistering so it was good. So I survived the rest of my shift. Then when I was doing dishes, my fingernail got caught and bent back really far. That didn't hurt too bad. So I drive home and I'm getting out of my car and I honestly don't know how this happened but I crushed my thumb in the door as I was shutting it! It's not broken....at least I don't think it is because I can still move it but it hurts so bad. I told Matt this morning that I think I would rather be in labor than have the constant, non-stop thobbing pain of this silly hurt, blood vessel broken thumb.

Then I get to work today and one of my co-workers (NOT bosses...all my bosses are actually very nice) is SUPER SUPER grumpy! I gave her a compliment and she said "I don't need compliments". WHAT!!!!!!! Holy macrel. What the heck? I've never heard someone say that. Then the whole shift, she was so grumpy and cranky. I was actually going out of my way to be nice and be extra helpful because I thought she might be having a bad day, but the nicer I was, the crankier she got. It was so frustrating. So it has made for a very long 24 hours...not even 24 hours. More like 18 hours. I really really am looking forward to my run on the treadmill tomorrow. I am going to run all this negative energy out and have a great workout. Speaking of which...I didn't realize just how much of a difference it makes to have really great workout music. It makes for a much better and nicer workout. So needless to say, I actually might run a little harder tomorrow. I am just so riled (spelling???) up about all the stuff that has been going on these last 24 hours. AND, I've been trying to find this place to get an intervention record check for a volunteer position I have at the ACH and I CAN NOT for the life of me find where it is. Everyone keeps directing me to places that it isn't and saying "it's in the tower". What is the address of "the tower"???? Apparently, nobody knows the address, just where it's by. I feel like I'm on a wild goose chase. Ahhhh.... tomorrow will be a much better day.

Anyways, that is my venting session. I'm done. I work again tonight but with different people so it should be fine. I genuinely really like the girls I work with, so it makes for a great work environment. Maybe we have too much fun...lol. No, we all work pretty good together.

Matt has an interview tomorrow so I'm hoping that goes well. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and my prayers said.

Well, I think that's it for now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry about the roug day... but you're right - save all that angst for your run and you'll be amazed what happens!

As for the mysterious tower - it's the one that says Lethbridge Centre on it. Go inside the "Bay" mall, go all the way to the end where TD bank is, go up the elevators to level 2, turn right when you get off the elevator and head to the end of the hall and you will find your record check place. You can fill out the form right there but I think you need some id with you.

Jamie said...

Yipes - sounds like me - I'm such a klutz. Sorry you had such a bad 18 hours! Maybe that girl had PMS - ha ha ha.Don't you hate those bad days?