Wednesday, February 13, 2008

"Subway"

Clearly my blog hasn't been visited by many people so that is why I have not updated it. I'm a little bit bored because I don't know what to write. Life is pretty boring right now. This morning as I was checking my e-mail Tanner says to me " look, it says Subway". When I turned around, he had spelt the word "subway" with his letters! What a smart kid I have. It's blizzarding here (if that's a word, I don't know) and so we are having a day inside. I didn't even know that it was a blizzard out until Matt called and said that there was no school for all the school division because of the blizzard. So, it's catch up on rest day. I am really tired this week for some strange reason. I've even been going to bed pretty quickly after work. Usually it takes me about 45 minutes to wind down, but this week it's been about 20-30 minutes and I'm out. Maybe because I'm running 4 days a week....who knows. Work is going good. They hired a new girl who starts next week. About half the girls that work there now are quitting because they are in grade 12 and graduating. So we will have a new crop of people to work with.

I have been walking tanner to and from school and it has been helping quite a bit for him not yelling and screaming and not obeying. It helps him to play better at home and works up his appetite so he doen't complain about what I offer him. He can be such a carb freak...lol

So in honor of Valentines day, here's a little valentines day something

L-love of my life, Matt and Tanner

O-outstanding friends like Jamie, Sharon, Suzanne, Erica, Trish, and Meghan who have been my closest friends and confidants for as long as I've known each of them.

V-very wonderful family who is so fun to be with...most of the time. Family who supports us and cares for us.

E-excellent friendships and friendships that are developing into more than "face" value friendships...if that makes sense. E is also for my middle name, Elaine, who I am named after and who I love very much.

There are lots of things I could put there but those are the ones that came to me at this moment of doing this.

I LOVE my life
I LOVE my friends
I LOVE my family
I LOVE that I have great people to work with
I LOVE where I live
I LOVE that I have reasonably good health. Not perfect, but pretty good.
I LOVE watching Tanner grow and learn
I LOVE teaching my Sunday Primary class
I LOVE those who are so willing to watch Tanner if I need it
I LOVE the gospel
I LOVE the Lord
I LOVE reading books and learning something new
I LOVE that my sister thinks, and says, that I'm freakishly strong
I LOVE having those perfect days where everything just falls into place and you accomplish what you wanted and your child(ren) are pretty well behaved and it just feels like the stars in your world are all aligned and things are great
I LOVE cardmaking
I LOVE when it snows. I love watching it fall. There's nothing more beautiful to me than an evergreen or spruce tree covered in snow.
I LOVE when people comment on my blog (HINT HINT!!!! There is no such thing as a dumb comment)
I LOVE reading other peoples blogs
I LOVE that I know how to cook and clean
I LOVE the experiences I have had in life and what they have taught me
I LOVE learning from other people's experiences
I LOVE dancing, singing, 'getting my groove thang' on.
I LOVE baking
I LOVE eating together as a family
I LOVE after we have family prayer, we all have a big family group hug
I LOVE when Tanner sings the Primary songs at home
I LOVE love. It's the best feeling in the world!

So Happy LOVE day! I hope it's a great one

2 comments:

adrienne said...

That's great that Tanner spelled Subway! Smarty pants! Just so you know, I check your blog everyday! I don't always comment, but I read it. Sometimes when you have "hot topics" I don't comment because I have TOO strong of thoughts on the subject. Ha, ha! I don't worry about offending you, though. I LOVE reading your blog!

Anonymous said...

Werid - I missed this post somehow! You are very sweet - love ya!
Oh and I can't believe Tanner spelled Subway - AWESOME!