Monday, February 18, 2008

Family Day

We had a great family day today. We went with my friend and her work to the movie "The Bee Movie". It was pretty cute. Then we got a few groceries and then we cleaned up the house. I also did all my laundry. I just have to wait to fold it and put it away tomorrow. I hang my clothes to dry so it take about 24 hours to dry all the way and then fold it and put it away.
The weather has been really great here. A lot of melting...which equals high potential for flooding when it gets really warm out for a long stretch. We didn't have any at our place last year but there were a few that I know that did.
I was relaxing today with Tanner and I realized that Matt had cleaned most of the house and also was getting dinner ready. I was really surprised and happy that I didn't have to do much. Matt is such a great husband and an especially great father. I'm just really grateful for him.
Anyways, not much to write about. I'm up to running for 6 minutes at a time. I know, I went from 3 last week to 6 this week. I need to get up to 20 minutes in 3 more weeks so I really have to get going. It feels amazing to run that long right now. I thought I'd be exhausted, but it actually gives me more energy. So, that's it for now.

3 comments:

M said...

Hey Mandy, there is an amazing race in Banff everyyear called Melissa road race, and registrations just went on sale. Joe and I are running it if you wanna join us!

Itworksforbobbi said...

So impressed. You've inspired me to step up my running. I can only run about 3-4 minutes tops right now.

Where do you hang your clothes to dry? Outside? Just curious.

Mandy said...

I hang my clothes on a drying rack. I have a huge one I got at Canadian Tire. It has 3 tiers. Also, I hang my tops on one of those portable closet things. You know the ones that have wheels. I'll post a picture so you know what I'm talking about. When it's really really really hot (like 30 degrees) sometimes I put my towels outside becuase they dry SOOOoooo fast. I just figure I should do my part at keeping energy costs down and save on the ozone...lol