First off, I want to say (as I know I will say a million more times) thanks to the people that have helped us in this process and to the people that are building our house. It's really a dream come true and every day is still like a dream and I keep wondering when I'm going to wake up. So thank you so much!!!! Okay, now that my "Oscar" speech is done...on with the show!
I have to admit that I actually think it's boring to look at house building pictures. I just like to see the inside. Matt is the 'official' picture taker and I have asked him to take pictures from the same spots each time so you can actually see the real progress in each spot. I think that's why I think it's boring to look at house building pictures. They're always taken from random directions of different things. For example, if I want to share a picture of my kitchen, I'll share it in all stages...not just a picture of the framed kitchen and then ta-da...all done. I like to see (and like to think others like to see) the progress on a specific room/item etc. So here's to hoping I can accomplish that.
I hesitate to share this next thing because it's a bit personal but nevertheless I will share. The reason for our trip to Calgary this weekend was to see my Aunt, very possibly for the last time. She has been sick for quite some time and her health has declined significantly in the last little while. My family and I are okay under the circumstances. It's like I told my Mom last night "when you're in the fire (so to speak) you do what you can to cope/survive etc, but when you step out of that fire, it becomes a different thing". Stepping out of that fire is when you think, when you feel, when you mourn, when you cry, when you remember, when you wonder, when you wish, when you regret, when you realize, when you hope, when you pray. It's a lot some days. Some days I feel like I'm 11 years old again and my Dad is dying. I personally feel it's harder to say goodbye to someone when it's a slower, progressive thing. I think it's easier (NOT E-A-S-Y) when it's an instant thing. I have had a few family members pass away quickly and at least for me, it's been easier to deal with. As I said earlier, life is a little bit like a tap and here is a 'trickle' of what is going on. I know my family (in Calgary) could use any support any of you who know them or live there can give. I am grateful for those of you who have let me feel safe enough to let me talk about this to them in recent months. Anyways, I won't say much more or I will be a running faucet : ) Life is very fragile.
On a happier note:
Tanner had to wear purple to school today and of course he didn't have purple (most boys don't) so he wore my purple kangaroo jacket today. It's really quite cute and funny at the same time. It's, of course, HUGE on him but who am I to tell him he can't wear my purple coat on purple day?! It doesn't harm him in any way, shape or form so he can wear my purple coat if he wants.
They have this amazing yearly challenge this time of year where the entire school wears a different color (or strips or crazy hats) for 3 weeks and they focus on reading/literacy. It's such a great thing and the kids seem to love it. I just LOVE the programs and fun things they have for the kids here. You know, everywhere you go you're going to find challenges/bad things but I really feel like the school tries to promote unity and acceptance in the schools and it overflows into the community. It's such a great place to be.
3 years ago






2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your aunt but happy you got to go see her under the circumstances.
The pictures aren't boring, and you will enjoy the photojournal when you are done!
And I threw out my newsletter, but I wrote them all on the calendar and was certain that all the tuesdays were Red and White days. We are excited over here too, but yesterday he was the only one in his class with a winter hat so he just took it off. More were wearing purple today, but like I said he was decked out in Red and White. I'm going to check my email copy of the newsletter to see if I got the rest of them right, because I was sure that the only one we would have trouble with was ponytail day!
It did! It did say red and white!
I love being right, even if it means my child shows up wrong :)
At least he was excited about no TV today, unlike last week when they were grounded.
Post a Comment