Friday, March 18, 2011

House Overload!

The footings




I have to say, I just LOVE this picture and how the sunlight is shining in our house.



Getting ready to pour the concrete walls. Looking head on to the Garage







That funny angle/corner is our front door.



The back and side of the house. I will deem this the "t.v" corner. On the main floor, right above these 2 windows will be where the master bedroom and en suite are.



The other side of the the back. The deck will come out over that "L" or "V" (however you look at it). I will deem this the "deck" corner. The main floor on this side will be the dining area (right above that window) the kitchen, a 3rd bedroom, and the living room (off to the left of the "L"). I can basically envision the whole house from this point of the house. Our bedroom is off to the left (just above that window on the left of the picture),





The Garage at the front





I'm standing on the footing of Garage looking inside the house. This will be where the "t.v" room will be. The main floor on this side will be the mud room, a bathroom, 1 of 2 hallways, Tanner's room and our room is at the back. In the basement, right in front of that wall will be a food storage room, then the laundry room right beside that. Across from the laundry room will be the bathroom. The stairs come down in the middle of the basement. So where those forms are in the middle, that's where the stairs will come down.



I'm standing in the doorway of the garage. You can see the space for the main garage door behind me. Obviously there's still a lot to be built up.





Matt standing in our front door. We will have about 6 stairs that come up to our door and we have a little veranda (we will eventually decorate the veranda with a beautiful porch swing!). Off to the left of Matt will be the spare room...or as I will call it: spare 'oom. The basement on this half will be Tanner's play area...so I will deem it the "play area".


I hope none of these descriptions are too confusing. I'll find out if I can scan the layout and put it up so it's more visual. The framing wasn't done yet but when I drove by the lot (we drive by AT LEAST 4-5 times every day) tonight, the wood/framing material was all there. So hopefully tomorrow!

Our house is 1100 square feet on the main floor. It's the perfect size for us to grow old in (which we plan on doing). We just chose our siding and roof today. I'm going to leave that as a surprise. It actually was not in our top 3 choices but we saw a house on the highway that we loved the color of and so we chose it because of that.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

So exciting!!!

The Robson Clan said...

hurry up and get it finished already so you can come back to the light! our ward is the best! haha just jokes, but seriously get them movin!

Megan D, said...

Very cool! Can't believe how fast they are?

Anonymous said...

Is there no snow in your country?

Otherwise pretty cool.