When you have your 7 year old tell you he doesn't want to go to church and you ask him if he thinks Jesus loves him and his response is "no" , it becomes easier to see all that you've been blessed with and have been given as you start to list the ways and reasons Jesus does love that innocent, impressionable, young, sweet boy. In a moment like this I am terrified that I have done something wrong to make Tanner say that he doesn't want to go to church. It makes me grateful for my testimony, yet still tries my faith as I don't know if he just says that or if he really does not like going to church. It makes me unsure of what to say to him so that he also can grow his own faith to know that Jesus loves him even more than everyone in his life combined love him. That is something there is no specific answer to. Prayer and faith is all I have and is going to have to be used to the fullest in a moment like this.
3 years ago






2 comments:
My five year old said to me the other night, "I just don't understand why we even have to have a Savior, I mean, we should be allowed to do whatever we want."
My reaction was - "Which devil have you been listening to?"
But after a quick, fervent prayer my response was - "You are so young right now, and so the world is a simple place, but as you get older, and you see the terrors that are in the world, you will come to understand the vital need that we all have for a Savior."
I wonder if times like that (when our kids are so young) are more of a test for us, than them. Just keep testifying, teaching and talking it through.
It may be something simple - like he doesn't like his primary teacher, or he got embarrassed by something. My daughter (the same one) didn't want to go to nursery because one of her teachers was in a wheel chair. We talked it through and she learned about the Resurrection and came to love that teacher.
Thanks for your kind words and thoughts, it's nice to meet you!
Laryssa
What kid wants to go to church all the time? Not very many...
Post a Comment