Tanner hasn't really eaten too much lately. He hadn't been feeling great on Sunday and Matt took him home. He hasn't eaten that much in the last few days. Toast and 10 spoonfuls of soup yesterday (lots of water) and today just some crackers and a few bites of a sandwich.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get him to eat a bit more...if you know Tanner, he's all skin and bones.
I know the most important thing is to keep him hydrated. He says his tummy feels a little yucky so I don't want to over do it, but I do want to make sure that he's not going to starve. He doesn't have a fever and he's not lethargic. His energy level is about 50-60% of where he's normally at. So I know he's feeling a bit under the weather, but he usually will still eat.
Thanks for the help.
3 years ago






3 comments:
I like your new blog look. I have no recommendations. I hope he feels better soon!
Have you tried ensure drinks? I think they sell pediasure version for kids. You can chill it and blend it with some ice so he thinks it is a milkshake or a slurpee type drink. They sell them in different flavors. They are high calorie drinks with lots of vitamins and minerals. Good luck! I know I always get worried when my monkey does not want to eat.
Anything to boost his electrolytes like those Pedialyte freezies maybe? I'm not sure if Gatorade is recommended for kids but after I've felt sick it always helps. My kids will ALWAYS eat those cheese sticks. If he likes watermelon it's a great way to keep kids hydrated in summer. That's all I got. :)
Thx for your comments on my blog. You mean the world to me and I'm so glad we're friends. I miss our stair chats too. :(
We'll be in our new place in August so maybe the next time you guys are up you could come for a visit. I know Josh would love to play with Tanner and you and I could catch up. Hugs!
Post a Comment