Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Just the beginning



The night before we left, we met up with Megan and Dean for dinner. Dean chose Montana's (totally appropriate and we love it there too) and Tanner put on these fun deer horns.




The beginning of the trip. Me, kind of tired but excited!





Matt. The most amazing husband ever! He drove 3/4 of the way there and back too. So awesome!




My totally cool sister Amy, lent her DS to Tanner for only him to play in the car. He loved it and it was a wonderful treat.







We watched movies (in case you can't tell, I'm watching High School Musical ; )






We did lots of snacking on the way. Tanner is showing us how yummy his beef jerky is...mmmmm...love beef jerky.




Welcome to Idaho!!! Land of many potatoes...lol





The Visitor's Center is really amazing. It was so peaceful and tranquil. It really makes you realize how small we are and how much we depend on the Lord. It was truly a wonderful experience being there.





The little man with the Christus Statue in the Idaho Falls visitor center




We visited the Idaho Falls Temple. I've never been inside but now I can say that I've been on the grounds. Next time we stop, we'll go to a session. I've never stopped in Idaho Falls and we were thankful that we did. It's so beautiful there.




Just me and my little man in front of the Temple.







The Gardens at the Idaho Falls Temple are beautiful and far nicer than the Cardston ones. The Cardston Temple doesn't really have gardens. They have lots of lawn and trees but not like garden areas.




We stayed in the Super 8 in Idaho Falls. We weren't sure how Tanner would handle the long trip so we played it safe and stayed overnight. He is the worlds best traveller but this is the longest trip he's been on ever! He did awesome as usual.


We also ate at Chuck arama's and hung out at the motel. Thanks for the memories Idaho Falls!

1 comments:

Jamie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Beware the DS - I guess you are lucky because you have to give it back. Jason has one and I NEVER hear the end of it. "Can I play the DS?" - every 5 minutes.