Monday, July 5, 2010

My life in photographs...and one for Jody

So Jody asked me what a rag quilt is. This is one of the many that I have made:




It's a quilt with frayed edges. I think they're relatively easy to make.







Also, I must show you the AWESOME fort I built for Tanner while he was away in Calgary. I'm thinking I might become a professional fort builder:



With the "door" closed




With the "door" open





Inside.

Tanner of course LOVED it and said it was awesome.

Your Favorite Season:




Fall is one of my favorite seasons because I LOVE the colors and I love that school is starting and routines are changing and coming back into place. I love the smell of fall and the leaves falling.




Spring is also a favorite because it brings new life and the perfect weather.


Favorite vacation spot:

I haven't been too many places. New Mexico (little philimont for a fun scout camp) , Utah (lots of summer trips and 1 Christmas), Denver (funeral), Drumheller (where I was born and we went there LOTS as kids), San Diego (my very first on my own trip to see my cousin Mark), Ontario (to see my good friend Trish), Edmonton (every summer to visit Aunty Carolyn), and Alabama (our 1 year anniversary/honeymoon). I would have to say that Ontario was my VERY favorite and I would love to take Matt and Tanner there someday to see these:




MARINELAND




AFRICAN LION SAFARI




NIAGRA FALLS



How I exercise:

No surprise there. I run on the treadmill...or right now, outside



My running shoes







My pets:

Growing up we had a Budgie bird named Billy Boy. I can't remember the details of how or why we got him, but he was our familiy's first pet. I remember when he flew out of the cage the couple times he did, my sister would all hide in their rooms and I had to find Billy Boy and throw a towel over him and put him back in the cage. I was always afraid I'd squeeze him too hard under the towel but I always ended up being really super gentle. My older sister is terrified of birds. She calls them "devil birds". It took her a long time to even be okay with seeing birds in movies. She's progressing. I think she should watch the movie Hoot. I think it would be a great movie for her to watch ; )





Where do you relax?

I would have to honestly admit that I rarely am relaxed. I know...it's so bad for your body but with my "mind" problem of it never shutting up, I have a difficult time ever living in the present. It's a curse that I am daily working on to overcome and control. I always think ahead or think about random things. I am most relaxed when I am listening to music on my iPod or at work when I don't think about ANYTHING except work...and that isn't stressful.



So there you have it for this week: my life in photgraphs, plus a little bit more.

1 comments:

Jamie said...

I like your fort. My boys love forts too. Good list.