WELCOME TO UTAH!
I'm going to break the trip up into sections for you. It's kind of an overload to put all the pictures up in 1-2 posts. So this is Monday at Temple Square and Tuesday morning in Bountiful. Tomorrow will be The Church History and Art Museum and the Joseph Smith Memorial building.
"Life Elevated"...so true in so many ways.
The Visitor Center was a short visit. Tanner wasn't too interested in looking at the art work. He did really enjoy the Statue here. Luckily Matt and I had been to the visitor center (although it has been quite a few years) so we didn't feel like we totally missed out. We would rather Tanner be happy than force him to stand there and look at art and paintings. They also had a large tour getting ready to listen to the presentation so we didn't want to stand in front of the statue for too long.
They have these really fun exhibits that are kid friendly on the bottom floor of the visitors center. Tanner really enjoyed them and there was lots to see and do.
We then headed over to the Tabernacle. AMAZING!!! It was so cool to be in there. They did an acoustic demonstration. It was awesome. Such a neat building.
After the Tabernacle we headed over to the other visitors center. This one was really cool. Tanner LOVES angel Moroni and every day he would tell us that Moroni was on top of the Temple. So this was a really fun chance to take a picture of him by a small scale version of the angel Moroni.
This is a small replica of the Salt Lake Temple. This has only been in the visitors center for about a month. It is exactly how the inside of the temple looks...paintings and lights and all. It is beautiful and amazing. The tiny room to the left of the Celestial Room (the white/gold one) is the room where the Prophet and 12 Apostles meet each week. I'm not entirely sure what the assembly hall on the top floor is used for. My Aunt has a book that tells what it's for but I can't remember. I think this is a wonderful thing, as it really opens up the opportunity for non-members to see the inside of the temple (in a small scale) and opens up the door of conversation about the Temples of our church. If you can, I would suggest you click on the photo to enlarge and you can zoom in to get a better look at the rooms.
The Lion House Pantry. Holy food straight from heaven! This food is so yummy and something I feel everyone must experience. The buns come with honey butter and they are seriously to die for! I bought a box of buns. I haven't made them yet. I'm waiting for next weekend when Megan and Dean are here, but they are the best buns in all the world. It's a little bit pricey to eat there but if you're ever there, you really should take the once in a lifetime opportunity to experience the deliciousness of this astounding tasting food!
Just Tanner, making his own butter...lol
Aunty Holly took us up just a little ways from the Bountiful Temple to take these family pictures. I guess a lot of couples go up there to get there engagement photos there....
...which is why this picture is kind of funny to me because it sort of looks like an engagement picture...lol.
3 years ago






3 comments:
Mmmm... I can't wait to taste the homemade buns!!
That model of the SLC temple looks very neat. I didn't realize that the assembly hall is actually above the celestial room. Makes me want to take a trip down there again soon.
That mini Salt Lake temple is SOOO neat! Thanks for sharing it with us! The assembly hall on the top floor is very interesting. It reminds me of the Kirtland temple. I really need to go inside the SLC temple one time. All your pictures are great! It looks like you guys had a great time.
Cool. I had heard about that replica - here are some more pictures of it - http://newsroom.lds.org/ldsnewsroom/eng/news-releases-stories/scaled-model-provides-salt-lake-temple-open-house-experience.
Post a Comment