There was so much to see here and this was probably my favorite thing we did. The Conference Center is really a great piece of work. It's truly amazing all the details and the art is really beautiful. You could easily spend a couple hours in here but the tour is about 40 minutes. We got there first thing at 9am and so we got a tour on our own because there was no one else there at that time waiting for the tour. It was like our own private tour and it was so great.
Lynn, yes, I have noticed the height of people are now taller too. The Daughter of Utah museum was closed for reno's but I've been in it before and yes I remember how teeny tiny the waists were on the petticoats and how small the shoes were.
Water seems to be a theme on this trip...lol. This was the waterfall in front of the Conference Center. It's really magnificent and starts at the top of the center.
Door 15 is where you go in to have the tour. It's at the front of the building.
Just a picture of Temple Square from above
On the top of the Conference Center, one side represents what the Pioneers first saw when they entered the valley (this side, bush and "prickly's") and the other represents the Mountains. It has lots of evergreens (you'll see a picture of it on Tuesday from way above).
Remember the semi-awkward picture of us in front of a fountain in the first post? This is Tanner in front of it.
Tanner, just hangin' out with President Hinckley. They have all the busts (I believe that's what they're called) of all the prophets. Joseph Smith's is made from his death mask and really shows his gentle, mild character.
Our tour guide said that this was the most recent picture of our dear, sweet prophet. She said it had just gone up that week (we were there on Wednesday...so obviously it's VERY new). I LOVE this picture.
Remember the glass fountain from my first post? This is what it looks like from above.
This is the oldest painting in the conference center. It's, if I remember correctly, 103 years old. Just really amazing to me.
I don't know why my camera didn't flash properly when I took this and another inside picture. But this was the "lighter" one of the two.
They have this hall where they have oil paintings of all the original apostles (the ones that served with Joseph Smith). The one on the bottom right is the Prophets brother, William. If you can click on it and zoom in a bit, you can really see the resemblance of the Smith brothers.
I highly recommend going to the Conference Center if you're ever in Salt Lake. I would love to go again and learn different things.
3 years ago






1 comments:
Looks really fun - I've never been to the conference center. Last time I was there it was brand new and it was conference weekend. Pretty sure there were no tours! :)
Post a Comment