Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Things I'm grateful for

So I was thinking about all the things I'm grateful for while driving home from Calgary today. These are the top 10. There are too many things to list.

1. My health. I have not been super sick ever and that's a good thing.

2. Affordable health care. This is especially important since we have had Tanner

3. Knowledge

4. A home

6. Family and Friends

7. The gospel and all it encompasses

8. The scriptures

9. A free country

10. The Savior

These are in no order of importance but the top 10 most important.

We have come back from a wonderful trip from Calgary. We had such a good time. It was fun, restful, revealing, relaxing, enjoyable and filling.
I don't feel like I have that much to say so this is just a short one. We were able to take a bunch of family pictures and they turned out reasonably well. We haven't all been together since April when we were up for my birthday. So it's been a while. It was nice. It didn't come without some frustration and tears but it worked out in the end. Now we will probably have to wait until the spring to go up all together again. We are 100 % sure that we are having Christmas down here. We aren't able to afford to go up more than once a month and Tanner has 3 appointments 1 week before Christmas so we'll already be up for that and we can't stay because I have to teach in Church that Sunday. So cross my fingers, hopefully the weather stays decent so that my family can and will come down to us. If it's bad weather, they won't come. My Mom doesn't like driving in any questionable weather. She had a really bad experience when we were younger so it makes her very nervous to be onthe roads with any type of weather incriments. It's nice to be able to have my family come down. It will be a new adventure. If my sister comes, I will be very suprised. She is very much about tradition and going to the nativity paegent on Christmas Eve is tradition so I know it will probably be very difficult for her if she gives that up this year. My other married sister and her husband is going up to his family so they won't be with us this year. And I hope my little sister can come. She said she works but I don't know when. She has never been down here since we moved so it will be a nice treat if she comes too. Christmas seems to be such a big thing and it's a very busy and happy (generally for the most part) time for our family. It's a big holiday for us. Anyway...I hope it all works out. Tanner's speech went fairly well. She had Tanner doing some way harder stuff than he's use to so it was a little frustrating for him. But he did okay. It's things we have been trying to work on already to get him where he should be and a little bit ahead. He has a hard time with "is" and "are" and using them in sentences. So now we have to be A LOT more concencious about saying those words and not using slang like "it's a car" for "it is a car". I think we sometimes get so lazy in our slang and shorten words that it affects the next generation. Not a lot of people talk like that anymore but how else are kids suppose to learn those propositions if they don't hear them. It will take some effort on our part but if it helps, I'll learn to talk "properly" so he learns what he needs to.

Well, I think that's it for now. I'm out for a walk. Yeah!!!!

3 comments:

juliette pouwer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
juliette pouwer said...

ok, we'll spell check before we post :D
anyways, Amy doesn't have to miss out on the pagent, Lethbridge has one at the Stake Center. It won't be as big as our's, but the idea is the same. Tell her she needs to live on the edge sometimes :D

Mandy said...

Juliette, I totally agree wtih you. But you know how Amy is...