I am amazed at the response to my last few posts. They are informative and definitely intense!
So in an effort to make things a little lighter I will write what I call a 'willie-nille' post. Just something completely random that has nothing to do with anything in particular.
First, we had stake conference today. Is it just me or does Stake Conference seem to go on for about 8 hours? I don't know what it is. Today it felt like forever. I kept zoning out and missed what the speaker was saying. It is so hard for Tanner to sit still for the hour in normal church sacrament let alone 2 hours! Call me a bad parent if you want, but I normally bring a few toys for him to play with so he stays quiet. He is not allowed to play with them during the passing of the sacrament nor is he allowed his snacks until after the sacrament is done. But today, we brought a bag full of toys for him. He's not big on coloring so that's kind of out of the question. He is actually really good at just playing quietly with his toys. And am I the only one that has a child that likes to eat other kids' snacks even though he has his own? I feel so bad sometimes because I feel like the other parent thinks that I don't feed my child or something. As if the snacks I packed aren't good enough. What is that about? He even gets special snacks on Sunday that he isn't allowed to have any other time of the week. Matt is so cute too. He tends to pack a little bit more than what Tanner will eat so that he can eat what Tanner doesn't. Do any of you have husbands like that? Or am I just the only one? How do I get him to not bring and or eat the snacks for Tanner? I must say that he is not the greatest at time management and even though every week I remind him that he needs to have everything ready 45 minutes before, he still either doesn't or does but chooses not to eat before we go to church at 1pm. He's a "take your time, why rush" kind of guy and I'm the total opposite. I'm a "get up at the last possible minute so you can get all the sleep you possibly can, shave your legs fast in the shower, chew your food while you dress in the clothes you picked out the night before, brush your teeth and hair at the same time" kind of person. This is not a regular thing, it just seems like it's always on Sundays that there is a lot of lolly gagging around our house. Of course, being a woman, we would do things differently. I would get Tanner bathed at least an hour ahead of time, let him play for a little bit, then get him lunch, put his Sunday clothes on, get his scriptures, put on his coat and walk to church. But Matt doesn't get him bathed until about 45 minutes before we need to go. I laugh to myself every week when Tanner won't co-operate with Matt because he's trying to run around getting things done. In my mind, I think that I'm helping Matt learn a lesson on how to manage his time better but every week, it's the same thing. I usually end up helping him anyways, so we aren't late for church, but I just think that it's a bit funny how we are opposite in that way but we still love each other and have fun together and laugh together. He is such a good Dad and I know Tanner loves him so much.
Last week, Tanner said to Matt "Daddy, you my friend". It was the sweetest thing.
Matt is also a wonderful husband. He gets up in the morning every day with Tanner and gets him breakfast so I can sleep in just a little bit longer, he always wakes me up if he has to leave super early in the morning so we can have prayer together, he puts his own laundry away and rolls on his side when he snores and I ask him to. He does other things too, but those are what comes to my mind. And! if he says he'll do the dishes and I get up to start to do them, he makes me stop doing them and does them.
So, I hope this made things a bit lighter. Tanner is very close to being grounded from watching movies this week, so I hope this week goes good. He gets to watch one movie a day and I usually do my study then or do something like mopping so he's not walking all over the wet floor. He would watch movies ALL day if I let him. He loves movies! And not movies like "12 episodes of Dora the Explorer". He likes Dumbo and the Lion King and The Jungle Book, and Monster's Inc, and Night at the Museum. I am sad to say that he hasn't watched Cars for a few months. Which, ironically, is the theme of his birthday this year for our family party. He still likes the Car toys he has but the movie...not so much. I figure that 75-90 minutes of a movie is about the same as a person watching a show a day plus the news. Sunday's he's not allowed to watch any movies except one of the 2 church movies we have. We were only allowed to watch the Disney movie on Sunday's and that was it. We usually played after we came home. Sometimes we played church, sometimes it was store, or house or barbies. But the T.V. was off limits until 6pm when Disney came on. I remember sometimes, we would play hotel. It was so much fun! Being a kid really is fun! Too bad we all have to grow up...lol. My Mom and Dad would usually sleep while we played. I think they just actually rested. I don't know anyone that takes 6 hour naps. As kids, we were always careful to be quiet, though, because we really did think that they were sleeping. And when we played house, I was ALWAYS the mother. I never got to be the child. I guess it was good practice.
I guess I should stop telling ALL my childhood stories. I have to leave people wanting more, right?
Well, I hope this is a more enjoyable, lighter post. Until next time.
3 years ago






2 comments:
LOL - good "lighter" post. Sorry about the last comment - I didn't really mean to sound "vicious", so sorry it came out so mean! :)
My husband and I are the complete opposite too and "lolly gagging" seems to be Jason's theme word for Sunday mornings - which drives me crazy. And then he blames being late for church on me!!
As for movies - good for you - I really need to cut down on Nate's viewing time - but it's so nice sometimes!!!
Oh Jamie! I love you! You are so funny. No wonder we are such good friends...lol. I'm not perfect at the movie thing but I have gotten much better at it than before. The vicious thing was my initial reaction, I didn't really think you were being vicious to me directly, plus you had a smiley or a wink face right after so I knew it wasn't super intense.
Post a Comment