We headed up to Calgary this last weekend for a farewell party for my little siter (aka Melany). She is moving to Charlottetown P.E.I. It's bittersweet for all of us. We had family pictures and I'm really looking forward to seeing those.
I was really productive yesterday. I painted and mod-podged all my frames so that when my Mom comes down this weekend we can hang up pictures (FINALLY!) on my 'family wall'. It took me all afternoon to do that and I'm looking forward to reaping the rewards when my pictures hang on the wall.
Susanne finally got home and we had a great visit on Saturday night.
Matt took the car in to get the oil changed and the plug or screw cap wasn't on tight enough and it was leaking oil on our brand new garage floor so he took it back and they put a new one on. It seems to have done the trick. No more leaks!
I got to go into nursery for music time. It was actually really fun. I am glad I got the opportunity to do that. Now just because I enjoyed that don't take that as I want to be in nursery. I was talking to the nursery leader and she said she LOVES nursery and that for her it's her 'break calling' just as being ward chorister is my 'break' calling right now. I don't really feel like I can give too much to a calling right now so chorister is perfect because I don't have to prepare anything. I just show up and wave my hand around (so to speak). That is right up my alley right now.
Big Brother watchers....What do you think about Brendon being back? I'm on the fence about this one.
I just started reading 'The Little Prince' today. I'm sort of confused by it so far. Maybe I'm just not that smart. It's like one of those books that has like 5 layers of depth to it. Those are some of the hardest books for me to get through. I'm kind of a face value type of girl. The book 'The Help' was deep for me...not too deep though. Maybe I need some help/explanation on this particular book. Maybe I need to get into it more. I am NOT giving up. I think the next book I'll read will be either 'The 4 Loves' or 'Anne of Green Gables'. Christal had a couple of books on her pintrest that I'd like to read...'The pioneer Woman' and 'Sarah's Key'. They both look like they are good books. Any good books you've read lately???
Gorilla Glue on the counter = not good! I had to use my foot file to file/scrape it off the counter. That stuff is super sticky. I was gluing a frame back together and I thought I had been extra careful and covered the counter but apparently not. Plus it got on my finger and I had to scrub REALLY hard to get it off.
I was at work alone today. As in totally 100% alone as part of "an experiment". I hope I passed and that the "experiment" worked. I did not treat people (hello that's illegal) but I just answered the phone and made appointments and re-called patients that needed to come in. It was actually really nice to be alone and focus on some of the things that don't always get the attention they need. I hope it was worth it for the productivity of the office : )
Did you know that the Cardston AND Edmonton Temple were closed at the same time??? The Edmonton Temple is closed for maintenance for 3 months at the same time as the Cardston one is closed for 2 weeks. I had to call down to the States to put 2 names on the prayer roll last week.
So I guess that's about it for this neck of the woods.
3 years ago






3 comments:
I didn't know Melany was moving!? What a COOL place for her to move too. It's amazing! I hope to see it some day. I've been following this blog for so long now, and want to go there someday. Tell Melany to check it out sometime. It is SO gorgeous and she does tours and everything.
http://warrengrovegarden.blogspot.com/
And who knows.......maybe Melany will run into Colby too before his mission is up. lol. Wouldn't that be funny. He's bumped into SO many people that know SO many people from Calgary. It's hilarious. Even the members that knew my Seminary teacher, who eventually went there on a mission too with her husband. Although he hasn't worked in that area yet.....but it is part of his mission.
I just read The Hunger Games. It was really good (one of those addictive ones).
I think you have to read the little prince a couple tomes to really get it. I need to read it again.
Excited to see your picture wall - be safe while putting them up. Don't let mom on the ladder :)
Post a Comment