I am totally frustrated with Telus right now so to get my mind off of the lameness that they totally are, I'm going to do a post about the things that make me happy.
#1. I am grateful (SO grateful) for a husband that doesn't complain or bat an eye when I spend money on things like earrings or faucet. I have to say, he didn't once object to upgrading our faucets in our house and every time I look/use them (I know this is going to sound super lame) I am reminded of how grateful I am for him allowing me/us to spend the extra money and get the faucets we really loved. Am I silly???
#2. For Matt taking Tanner to the Doctor and as a result has to stay a bit later at work today. Tanner hasn't been sick in a long time (at least 3-4 months) and he has a terrible cold right now and his nose, upper lip and chin are SOOOOO chapped. I thought I saw white spots in the back of his throat last night so we were able to get him into the Doctor today (another thing I'm so grateful and happy for). He doesn't have strep just a red throat and bad cold. They did swab him just to double check for strep but he didn't think Tanner had it.
#3. The peace that the Nephites had in the Book of Mormon. I wish we lived in a world where for even a day, or week, we could ALL live in total peace. I'm grateful for the gospel and for the peace it brings in my life.
#4. The Sears wish book. Nana brought this over to Tanner on Saturday and EVERY night he reads and studies it. This is a yearly thing and it reminds me of when my sisters and I were little and did the exact same thing. Except we initialed everything we wanted.
#5. My Mom. I have a super awesome Mom. She took us to Swiss Chalet on Friday and then we went shopping for some house things that we needed/wanted. She's such a good Mom and I really love when she comes to our house.
#6. Making Banana bread. I have probably the best recipe for Banana bread...super moist and yummy. I have tried to make it every Sunday or Monday for the last month. I have missed a couple weeks but I got back on the train this week.
#7. I'm going to tell this story because I already told Jamie the same thing. For my birthday(yes, my birthday is in April and I just got it 3 weeks ago. We're totally cool like that) she gave me this really beautiful necklace. I don't have my camera, otherwise I'd post a picture but it's a round silver disc with Tanner's name engraved on the bottom and his birthstone gem in the middle. Anyways, it was a really special gift. When I was little, my Dad gave my Mom a string of pearls and she had them restrung because they were a bit too long for her. So she kept the extra pearls thinking she would do something with them one day. Well then there was a YW activity where the mothers were asked to give/present their daughters with something special/meaningful for an activity and my Mom gave us 3 girls a single pearl from that necklace. Well, I lost mine a year ago and I was really upset because it had special meaning and it was like my Dad was part of me when I wore the necklace (which I wore 90% of the time). The necklace she gave me has the same meaning in that now I have Tanner with me all the time when I wear it. Am I the only one that gets attached to jewelry? or am I just weird?
#8. Picking up my earrings. Remember the post with the earrings? They're the first pair. I can't show you them with me wearing them because I'm not supposed to take my studs out for another week. I'll show you when I take a picture.
#9. Getting super excited about going to Kalispell!!!! Swimming and Big Sky and shopping here we come!
#10. No headaches for 10 days! Before that 10 days, I was getting a headache every day for nearly a week. I decided to eat more veggies and fruit and cut down significantly on sugary/fatty things. It totally worked! I just have to tell myself when I'm tempted to eat lots of cookies or chips "is this going to be worth the headache that will follow?". It's worked pretty good so far.
#11. Winning scrabble on my iPod touch. I have a couple of really hard competitors that I play against and I don't really play to win most of the time but when I start strong and keep strong, I like to win. Mostly I just play for fun but when I beat people that are really hard to beat, it feels good.
#12. My subway clock is finally up. We got it before we even moved and I am so happy to have it up. We don't have any clocks except on the microwave and stove (which are coincidentally in the kitchen right above each other) and that gets annoying sometimes because then you have to go into the kitchen to find out what time it is. We had clocks in most rooms in the old place so this is nice.
#13. Laundry, Laundry, oh and more Laundry! I LOVE laundry.
#14. QVC and HSN. Yep, as addicting as Pintrest (did I just say that?)
#15. Family Home Evening. Tanner taught the lesson this week. We talked about the importance of the Sacrament and how we should behave. He did awesome. Usually he reads to us out of 'The Friend' (99% of the time it's the Matt and Mandy story), but he was asked by his Primary teacher to teach a friend or a FHE lesson on the Sacrament. It was a good refresher for all of us on how to act and behave.
#16. My Pampered Chef Measuring Cup. It makes measuring butter and sticky stuff so much nicer and easier.
#17. Scentsy. Do you have a favorite scent? Mine is Peach a la Mode right now. It is so yummy. I had Root Beer Float on the other day and I had to turn it off because it made me crave a real root beer float and I only had half of the float (ice cream). That's how good it smelled.
#18. A really good visit with Jill. It's so nice to make new friends and I love that we are neighbors and our boys can (and DO) play with each other so easily and conveniently.
#19. A fan at night that acts as white noise. I thought that our fan was breaking this week because it was making a funny noise...turned out all it needed was a little tune up aka. tightening and dusting. Phew!
#20. I didn't realize that I had so much that made me happy and/or grateful this last few days. Well, that was a nice surprise!
Until next time...Happy last week of Summer Vacation!
3 years ago






2 comments:
Aw - Love you!
Another good way to get rid of headaches is to drink LOTS of water!!
What about your picture wall??!!Did you finish it? Pictures to come?
You're lucky to have a great bunch of friends. The necklace jamie gave you sounds really cool.
Post a Comment