The zoo was smaller than I anticipated, which was perfect because we got to go to "This is the Place" monument (which was 2 minutes away from the zoo, and SONIC!)
This elephant was huge! It also made elephant noises.
The whole elephant.
They have a new baby elephant. Her name is Zuri. She was "pawing" around in the mud. We were there first thing when it opened and it was perfect because most of the animals were up and active.
Tanner with his "other" family...lol
This Giraffe was amazingly close. I mean, I could have reached over the fence and touched it. That's how close it was. I was really surprised.
Tanner and the Giraffe
Of course we stopped for a snack. This was a vain picture. I said to Matt "you should take a picture of Tanner and I eating because I'm having a really good hair day" and he said "yeah, I know. You look hot today!" So this is more of a hair picture.
I loved this water fountain. They had a few of them throughout the Zoo. I wanted Matt to stick his head inside the mouth but he wouldn't. I think he was afraid that the lion might come alive and eat him...lol
When I was looking online for things to do, I saw this. It's the monument on the hill that Brigham Young stood on and declared "this is the place". I didn't plan to go there, but when we saw it as we were leaving the zoo, we decided to stop and look. If you want the tour to see the exhibits (the farm and orchard etc) you have to pay (we didn't budget for this so we didn't do the tour. We'll do it next time) but if you just want to see the monument, you can. It looked like a really neat place and I'm looking forward to going back and doing the tour.
This is a monument that tells of the Prophecy of the Rocky Mountains. Really neat.
"On the 14th of July [1842] in company with about 50 or 100 of the brethren, we crossed the river to Montrose to be present at the installment of a lodge of the Masonic order, vis. “The Rising Sun.” Whilst together, Joseph, who was with us, told us of many things that should transpire in the mountains. After thinking a draught of ice-water, he said, “Brethren, this water tastes much like the crystal streams that are running in the Rocky Mountains which some of you will participate of. There are some of those standing here that will perform a great work in that land...There is Anson. He shall go and shall assist in building cities from one end of the country to the other, and you shall perform as great a work as has ever been done by man, so that the nations of the earth shall be astonished, and many of them will be gathered in that land, assisting in building cities and temples, and Israel shall be mad to rejoice. But, before you see this day, you will pass through scenes that are bul little understood by you. This people will be made to mourn, multitudes will die and many will apostatize, but the priesthood shall prevail over all its enemies, triumph over the devil and be established upon the earth, nevermore to be thrown down. "
"It is good to look to the past to gain appreciation for the present and perspective for the future. It is good to look upon the virtues of those who have gone before, to gain strength for whatever lies ahead. It is good to reflect upon the work of those who labored so hard and gained so little in this world but out of whose dreams and early plans, so well nurtured has come a great harvest of which we are the beneficiaries, their tremendous example can become a compelling motivation for us all, for each of us is a pioneer in his own life." Gordon B. Hinckley
I am no longer a Sonic virgin. I had never ate there until this day after the zoo. It was pretty good. Whenever we haven't done or eaten at a place we consider ourselves virgins. It's just our thing. Maybe it's lame, but whatever...lol
Tanner enjoying his Sonic.
3 years ago






2 comments:
Ha ha - I like the shakes from Sonic!
I love the good hair day thing. haha. I do that too sometimes...
Post a Comment