Wednesday, August 18, 2010

My life in photo's

Birthday traditions:

I always make a fun cake for Tanner's birthday. For my own birthday growing up my Mom always let us pick what meal we wanted and the cake. We also got breakfast in bed for our birthday.







Tanner got this and the ladybug cake for his 3rd birthday. This one was for my side of the family's party and the ladybug one was for Matt's side of the family's party.





This one was for his 4th birthday party with our families here.




This one was for his 4th birthday with his friends





This is Tanner's cake for his "friends" 5th birthday. I found it in a book



This Book of Mormon cake I made for the Russell party




These emoticon cupcakes were made for the Collins' party.

Please DO NOT get me started on the absolute ridiculousness of having 3 parties!!! I did it mostly to please both sides of the family and let me tell you, it will NOT be happening again. This year was so full of...(word vomit).





This was for his 6th b-day

We had ONE party and it was pure bliss.

I already know what I'm going to make for his cake this year. It's not a piped cake and for some it's a weekly "challenge". It's going to be easy and that's what I'm about this year.


I do remember my 12th year of high school was the only year I was at school for my birthday (my b-day always fell during spring break) and I really wanted a balloon-a-gram. My Mom got me one and sent it to the school. It was the funnest thing. I remember my 16th party. I had a huge party (it was the first year after we had turned 12 that we were allowed a co-ed party). It was AWESOME! And my 18th was pretty sweet too. The best birthday was my 24th because the day before, I found out I was pregnant. That was the best gift ever!

We usually try to be all together for our birthday's. It doesn't always happen but we try.


One thing that defines me:

there are lots of little things that define me and who I am. I am not just one thing. I am NOT defined by my role as a mother, or a wife, or a daughter, or a sister, or a friend, or a co-worker, as much as I am defined by what I believe in. Being a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints defines, by my own choice, who I am and what I want to become.

2 comments:

Lady J said...

I love homemade cakes! I think there is something so special about them, even if they are not perfect. Remember money cakes? That is what I remember from my childhood parties the most.

Jamie said...

Fun cakes - the Crayola one is cute. I haven't seen that one before! Looking forward to seeing what you make this year!