I will first start with the bad news, my uncle died on Friday from his heart attack. It has been very sad for everyone. He was dearly loved and we will miss him all.
Second, my sister went back into the hospital. She has an infection. She was thankfully able to keep the baby with her so that was a blessing.
And as if that's not enough I just found out that a relative has cancer.
It's been a long week and will most likely continue being a long week but I want to be there for my family and be supportive and be strong. I know my Mom is really sad because it brings back memories of my Dad. When someone dies, the pain never goes away completely, it just gets less intense over the years and less frequent. I am actually good. I am trying to focus on staying calm and doing whatever I can to help. I hate when I offer my services and people say that they will use them and then they never do so I'm really trying to put myself out there. Right now, it is all about just being with my Mom and sisters and making sure they are okay too. I have it kind of good living further away than the rest of my family because I don't feel the intensity that I probably could feel if I lived in Calgary. That's not to say that I haven't cried, because I have.
Anyways, Tanner's birthday was on Friday. What a gem Tanner is. I just love him so much. At church today someone put into words how I feel and she said that she felt she is able to feel a glimpse of how much Heavenly Father loves her by having this little girl. I think sometimes we underestimate how much we are loved by Heavenly Father. I always think "how could I love Tanner any more than I do right now?" How could anyone love anyone so much? It's such an intense feeling and I know that that feeling is only a portion of how much the Lord loves us. Tanner had a great party. He had 5 of his friends over and we had cake and ice cream and played games and opened presents. I didn't want to do anything fancy because we didn't have a lot of money so I thought cake and ice cream is so easy and not expensive at all. I made him this really cute cake. It was a crayola crayon box cake with 3 'crayons' sticking out. I'll upload pictures later. We also went to the show choir dress rehearsal and he loved that. He just loves music. So that was about it. He is having 2 parties up in Calgary and is really excited about them.
So for now, that's all.
3 years ago






4 comments:
sorry to hear about your uncle, Mandy. Will be thinking of your sister and other sick relatives. Thanks for being such a good friend!
so you gave in to the parties did ya? man you are sucha sucker!!! lol. Hope all is going well
So sorry to hear about your Uncle and sister.
I to am glad to see that You were able to give Tanner a friends birthday party. I bet he will always have such fun memories.
So sorry to hear about all that. When it rains it pours... I hope you're doing okay.
Post a Comment