This week has been the busiest week so far of my life that I can remember. Monday night was the viewing of my Uncle. I was the only one of my family that went in. I understand some people don't get the point of a viewing but I do. My Mom had a viewing of my Dad and that was really the first time I had ever heard of such a thing. I did not bring Tanner to it because I just don't know if he really understands death yet. I don't want to over expose him to it but I don't want to keep him totally and utterly sheltered from it because it happens and at some point, I know I'll have to explain it to him.
I did, however, take him to the cemetery on Tuesday. They buried my Uncle before the actual funeral service and I felt like that was something he could handle and I could explain to him in terms that were simple and that he would understand. I think it helped that we went to the cemetery on Monday afternoon to visit my Dad's grave site and place a wreath on it. My Uncle was buried right beside my Dad, which was really nice. Then after the burial, we (my Mom and Amy) dropped Tanner off and went over to the funeral service. It was a beautiful service. Just all around a really nice service. Every one in the whole family was there except 4 of the cousins, 2 of which were my other 2 sisters. Then 2 from the states were missing. Lots of my cousins traveled from distant places and it was so nice to be able to see them.
Anyways, then we spent the night in Airdrie with my Aunt. Today, we were at the Hospital all morning and for part of the afternoon for appointments and then to Erica's to visit and then to my Mother in Laws for a party. So it was a bust day and I am so looking forward to tomorrow when I have only one thing to do...speech therapy.
Tanner has been an angel for the last 3 days. Just really good and patient and loving and just really really great. It just makes it less worrisome for me to know that he's being so good.
I miss my friends and especially Matt right now. BUT...he did have 2 interviews so hopefully something comes of one of them.
I have a feeling this next year will be a year of a lot of deaths. Life can just be so fragile sometimes. I am thankful that I chose to come to earth and have this experience because I know that it will help me to be a stronger person. Death is not the end and I am so grateful for that knowledge. The gospel is true and that's all that matters is knowing the gospel and living it the best we know how through faith in Jesus Christ.
Life is not easy, but it is so worth it.
3 years ago






3 comments:
oh mandy I am so happy to hear all is working out. although death is sad the knowledge of eternal life with our families makes it so much more bearable. glad to hear tanner is being sooo good. shelby asks to play with him every day. it is so funny that when you are here she wants him once in a while and then when you are gone she wants him everyday. i guess it's true absense does make the heart grow fonder!
I am sorry to hear about the death of your Uncle. Death is a hard thing to deal with sometimes and I know that I am grateful for the gospel because of the knowledge that it brings, and also because of the peace that comes with the knowledge of eternal families.
Sorry to hear about your uncle. Your such a good mom though with your little Tanner :)
Post a Comment