Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday Wonders

Do you ever come across something that humbles you enough to make you realize how insignificant you are??? I came across something this week that made me realize my situation in life isn't all that more special than anybody else's. I don't feel like I've gone through my life thinking or feeling that I'm any more special than anyone else but I have felt that I have grown a lot by going through certain trials in my life and in some little way, that made me feel a little bit more special in my own way...NOT in comparison to other people. This week I came to an understanding that we are all special in our own ways not matter what our lot in life is. We all go through certain things in life. Things that we agreed to in the pre-existence. I love gaining a better, clearer perspective on life and realizing that every one of us...no matter what we go through, all have one equally common thing about us. We are all children of God and we are all loved equally by Him who's plan we rejoiced in. I just think that's such an amazing gift and such a source of strength.



Wednesday Wonder:

Bubble Gum ice cream at Amelias

The melting snow due to warm weather

Tylenol 3's for my headache last night that wouldn't go away with anything else

Blue sky

Special drinks (my family knows what this is)

Tanner's random hugging and telling me he loves me lately







What made me happy on Tuesday is getting through the day without feeling sad or crying because it was the 20th anniversary of my Dad dying. Please don't read that as me being cold or heartless but some years have been harder than others and I chose this year to think about how lucky I was to have such a great example of a father in my life. And even though he's been gone for over half of my life, I know and understand the power of the priesthood and what being a good father means. That makes me REALLY happy.

I am happy for every moment I get to be with Matt and Tanner. I have been trying to live in the moment and be in the present rather than think about all that I need or want to get done. When we're all together, I try to fully appreciate and value that time and make the most of it.

Having a really yummy lunch...although it had lots of beans in it and we all know what beans do to our bodies...it was still so good.

3 comments:

Jody said...

I don't think it cold hearted not to cry. I think it shows that you have healed in a way that you could not earlier in your life. I agree that time is precious and it is important to spend as much time as possible with the ones we love.

Megan D, said...

Dean laughs every time a "special drink" is mentioned. Definitely a family thing I think. I agree they are things to be happy about :)

Jamie said...

Aw - that's great that you can remember your dad that way. Love your lists.