Saturday, January 29, 2011

Can I get some Happy with that please

Friday:

Being somewhat productive. I had some specific things I wanted to do but I didn't get them done because I got distracted and did other equally important things

Mine and Matt's 11 year anniversary. It does not feel like 11 years. It feels like just a very short time ago I was anticipating the day when Matt and I would finally be married. Lots of ups and downs in the past 11 years and I know there will be plenty more ups and downs. It's a refiners fire. You learn and grow as you go through the ups and downs. No marriage ever has or ever will be perfect and that's just the way it's meant to be. If marriages were perfect then people would be perfect and let's face it, we're not. It's what makes us all unique and special.

A Tanner story: While driving Tanner and his friend to a birthday party in Lethbridge, Tanner said to his friend: this is the Collins' car. Then he paused and said well you and your sister ride in it so it could be the Collins' car and the ___'s car. I do not know where he thinks up this stuff. Then later last night he pushed his friends sister and I firmly told him it is not nice to push girls (okay, it's not nice to push boys either and I've told him that too, but it's especially not nice to push girls). So he says to me: "Well I'm 7 and I'm tough". Like that was suppose to justify the pushing. He did apologize so it ended well.

Last night he snuggled with Matt and I in bed for 20 minutes and talked about the people we love. We came up with a question that is a really good question. When we're in Heaven, will we have birthdays? And if we do, how will they be determined? Will the day we die be our birthday in heaven? Tanner is much smarter than I think.



Saturday:

Going to the Temple

Tanner telling us we didn't kiss on our anniversary so we kissed right then.

I found out that Tanner had tried to kiss a girl at school. We talked about who it was appropriate to kiss.

Making cake

Finally coming up with an idea for New Beginnings based off a quote Dawna gave me this week.

3 comments:

Mont and Dawna said...

Happy Anniversary! Great points about marriage the good and the not always good times it can and does consist of...for everyone...no matter who we are or how long we've been married.
Teaching kids what's right and wrong and nipping the wrong in the butt when it happens...oh the joys! You're obviously doing a great job. Tanners a cute boy with good manners and great insights.
I'm excited for your part in the program this coming Tuesday and I'm glad something I said helped you out. Thanks for accepting and not complaining even when you were having a hard time coming up with something! I appreciate that a lot :)
Have a Happy Week!

jamie said...

Happy Anniversary - 11 years seems crazy hey?
Funny Tanner stories! Kids are hilarious.

Christal said...

happy Anniversary m&m it goes by so fast doesn't it! You guys are great! Your always thinking of others always the first to compliment someone always sincere! The best friend your friends can have because you are always serving and thinking of others my life is better because I met you! Tanner is so cute and kids do come up with great stuff don't they! Have a great day!