So I know that I haven't blogged for so long but I have a totally valid reason. Tanner turned 4 and I was so busy with 800 things last week. Okay, well, not literally 800 but I had SOOOOOO much to do to get ready for his party. I had snack for both his schools, so that was a lot. Then cake and food for his friends party, plus cleaning for that. Then I had to make and ice his Cars cake for the family party on the weekend and clean up for that. Plus decorate. It was hectic to say the least. Tanner had a perfect birthday day. It was so awesome. He had lots of fun and the day went off without a hitch. He was spoiled rotten, to say the least, at both his parties.
I haven't hardly had time to breathe. At least I feel like that. I had to write myself a note to remember to breathe. Then my dear, sweet friend called to leave a message to remind me to breathe on Thursday night. Needless to say, I have paid for the craziness that I put myself through this week. I have a really bad cold. I am in Calgary for the week and most of my time I am having down time with Tanner.
I have had a lot of reflective thoughts about Tanner and about being a mother. Tanner has been my greatest joy. I knew that I loved him even before I knew I was pregnant with him. How is that possible is what I'm sure some of you are asking but it just is. The love you gain when you are a mother is one that you can not describe in words. Having Tanner has blessed our lives in ways I never thought possible. Having a baby put you on a rollercoaster of very high highs and very low lows. It's incredible. So in honor of my son, I will tell you what I love the most about him.
1. His laugh is infectious at every level. When he laughs, you can't help but laugh along.
2. He is a total free spirit. He knows no limits. The world is his. He has rules, don't get me wrong but he is happy to do just about anything.
3. He is SUCH a ham!
4. I LOVE that when he smiles, his eyes smile too. Those of you who know him, know exactly what I'm talking about. It's awesome.
5. I love that he's so tiny. It makes me feel like he's still my baby
6. He likes to help out with just about anything. I love it that he can help out.
7. He is a fish in the water...literally. He sticks his head under the water and swims around like a fish.
8. He loves his little monkey (Dangles) like it was a real person. It's the sweetest thing.
9. He doesn't walk. He runs everywhere. He has so much energy and just wants to go.
10. He has a scar on his head from his head surgery that matches the scar on Matt's head that Matt got when he burnt his head with hot oil off the stove. I love this scar because it reminds me of all he has been through and how we lucky we are to have him with us.
So that's it for now. I could write more, but I don't want to expose it all...lol.
3 years ago






1 comments:
Cute blog Mandy! Aren't birthdays crazy! I loved your list, it was adorable.
Post a Comment