We did do a little Valentines activity this year. We did a love jar. It was really fun this morning whilst having our heart shaped french toast to read what we all said about each other that we loved. I think it will be a yearly tradition.
I have been attempting to start making stuff that I'm pinning on Pinterest. It's re-donk-ulous how many things I have pinned. So tonight I made Root Beer Float cupcakes (which I haven't tried yet. Tomorrow is the day) and....

Lemon Blueberry Yogurt Loaf. This particular loaf was a fail for me. It tastes REALLY yummy but I did not quite understand the directions as I was following them. Here's the process: It says while cooling the loaf to make the lemon syrup. Check. Then you're supposed to poke holes in the top and sides of the loaf and brush the syrup over the top and sides of the loaf. So I thought "I must have to take it out of the loaf pan to poke holes in the sides and brush the sides with the syrup". So that's exactly what I did...except it had only been out of the oven for 10 minutes. Yeah, you can guess what happened next. It fell apart. Oh well, it's still edible and super yummy!

I added double the blueberries because I'm kinda lovin' the little blue berries right now.

Matt and I went to the Annual Rotary Valentines Dinner and Dance and it was a blast! I totally felt like a princess in my dress and beautiful bow that a friend in our ward made for me and I got lots of compliments from people. 2 minutes before we're about to leave this is the conversation:
Me: Do I look okay?
Matt: Yeah, of course
Me: I don't look like some 2 bit hooker with all this red
Matt: OF COURSE NOT! You look amazing!
What a great husband. I was worried it was too much but after we left, all I wanted to do was sing "I feel pretty, oh so pretty". Don't worry, I didn't ; )

Here's the dress with my jewelry. My Mom got me the necklace and I borrowed the earrings from a friend.

I wore my red shoes (I took my flats to dance in) and it really pulled the outfit all together.

This one's for my Mom. Tanner got his scarf from cubs. He was so proud of himself and we were so proud of him too! How could you not want to kiss that cute little face?! I love that he has such a happy spirit.

Here's his beautiful bed! We are SOOOOO happy with the way it turned out and Tanner says he loves it. He decided we wanted it stained chocolate brown so we got a sample and we'll see how that goes.

Tanner and I ran/walked in the 2nd annual chilly wily race this year. We did the 2k. Tanner was amazing and jogged/ran the whole way while I was lazy and walked (I had a headache for 2 days in a row and was not feeling up to jogging). He even wanted to keep going and doing the 5k but I told him no (I know, I'm such a mean Mom...lol)









0 comments:
Post a Comment