I turned on my camera and found this random but super cute picture of Tanner. Matt and him tend to take pictures without me knowing about them. He's really into the faux-hawk right now.
I realized I never shared this picture of the gift I gave at Christmas.

For the last 2 weeks I've been struggling with some personal things and it finally reared it's ugly head in the last day or two and now I am feeling that feeling when you know a situation is supposed to help you to grow. Sometimes I hate growing. Whoever said ignorance is bliss is a big fat liar. Anyways, the situation allowed me to have some things confirmed to me that I was seriously doubting (all good things in the end) but I am actually grateful that it will help me to grow. So in the spirit of being grateful I would like to share what I'm most grateful right now in my life
-my Mom. I have called her more in the last 2 weeks sobbing almost uncontrollably than I have in almost my entire life.
-Megan. For always making me see the light at the end of the tunnel and allowing me to be me. If I need a dose of reality, I can count on her to give it to me.
-Matt. He lets me vent and never tries to fix what I'm going through. He lets me be who I want to be and never judges me. Plus, he's just awesome overall
-my Scriptures. I have been trying to just focus on a chapter or 2 each week so that I can really understand what is being taught in each chapter. It's been really helpful in keeping my cool.
-my health. Although today I was in extreme pain (thank you un-welcome monthly visitor), I am glad that I have a body that allows me to walk/jog, smell, taste, feel, hear, touch, and see all the things around me.
-my night guard. I have not had any night headaches since getting it. I also barely breathe (according to Matt). He tells me almost every day that he can barley hear me breathe at night anymore. He use to hear me grind my teeth or sleep mumble but not anymore.
-a patient at the office brought me in a pair of earrings she made and it totally brightened up my day.
-Tanner getting his cub handkerchief and woggle. I am so glad that he enjoys cubs and I am so excited for him next week. It's his first Cub Car rally and although I won't be there, Matt is going to go and take some pictures and possibly a video.
-Tanner's bed is here. We originally were going to stain it but he wants it to be red so we're going to look at red paint. I will take a picture of it and put it up soon but it's beautiful and you're all going to be jealous that you don't have bed as beautiful as his...haa haa I told Matt that I wanted a bed like Tanner's and he said "do you know how expensive that would be?". One day I will have a real bed.
-Matt and I are celebrating our birthday ALL month long (in April). We just want to spend time with each other and with the people we love and adore and so that's exactly what we are going to do. So get ready for lots of get together (or in other words P-A-R-T-A-Y)
-The weather we are having is really helpful in keeping me motivated to stay active and walk/jog as much as I can.
-Raisins. Although I do not like raisins in cookies, I am really enjoying my new nightly snack with a little celery and P.B.
-Life. Life is a great teacher and I am grateful for trials as well as blessings.







2 comments:
Sorry you've been having a hard time. Call if you need to chat more! :)
Glad you're feeling grateful - that is the real secret to happiness. You Rock!
Post a Comment