Thursday, September 15, 2011

Life is too short

Lately I have been thinking about this a lot. A friend told me recently (and I'm just para-phrasing) that I was not a typical person that cares about if I have a ton of friends or not and that I seem happy no matter what.

As I thought about this, I thought about how I have some really truly amazing friends who I love dearly with my whole heart. Then I have friends that I just really click with and that I really enjoy hanging around with. I don't like to be exclusive when it comes to who I choose to hang out with. Then I realized, no matter what kind of friends I have, my happiness in having friends is not co-dependant on the number of friends I have.

I have a small group of friends that I trust with my life but for the most part, I enjoy hanging out with lots of different people. I think it's so silly that there are people that don't get along with other people and as a result of that dislike, don't go to certain things because the person they dislike are there. Some women are just really catty. I'm not saying that it's not normal to dislike people (there are people that I just don't get along with very well...not everyone's personalities match) but I would never miss an opportunity to meet new people somewhere just because x was there. I mean if a person chooses not to go a certain place because so and so is there, they are the ones missing out. Life is too short to worry about stuff like that.

I hope that this attitude shows in my real life too because in all honesty, life is too short to worry about if other's will like you or not. Undoubtedly, inevitably, there will always be people that don't like you for whatever reasons but what's most important is what I think of myself and weather or not I feel I am being true and honest to what my personal values are. I value simplicity and worrying about weather or not people like me does not fit into that for me. If I worry, it gets emotionally complicated and draining. I have other things to worry about that are more important.

Who I want to be friends with is my own choice and I am a very social person so I like to hang out with lots of people. Age, race, religion has no boundaries in who I choose to be friends with. We are all God's children and we are all loved equally by Him and that's what matters to me.

And that's all I have to say about that : )

1 comments:

Christal said...

♥ this post! Love reading your thoughts and opinions you are wonderful!!! And love your loves post I love PC and applesauce too:) oatmeal my exercise ball and waling early morning gives me time to think!! So many things to love:)