I have a meeting with Tanner's school team on Friday and I've been thinking a lot about what I want to say and questions I want answered. This PUF school has me a bit concerned for his schooling down the road. His latest speech report was not good and it makes me very upset. It was a totally and completely unfair assessment and I need to be an advocate for Tanner in making sure he doesn't get labeled. Part of the assessment was even dishonest and I'm NOT okay with that. I am pretty sure about what I would like to do, but I need to get a feel for where they are at. They practically blew a fit when I decided not to keep him on the bus. Okay, that's a small exaggeration but I got hounded about it 3 times. I felt like I wasn't allowed to take him off the bus because then it would mess up their funds available for the program. I really feel very manipulated and like a number and not an actual person like I do with the Dr's and specialists in Calgary. It's not a very pleasant feeling. I guess what goes around comes around. I guess maybe I'm being punished for my teenager days when I could be manipulative. It's not a nice feeling at all. So, when I meet with the team I'll update you more on what's going on.
3 years ago






6 comments:
You are the only one who will always have Tanner's best interests at heart - stand up for what you know to be right and what you feel is best for Tanner. I'm sorry the experience isn't great!
Mandy, don't think you are being punished in any way here for your actions as a teenager. The Lord doesn't act that way. Once we have repented, we are forgiven. End of story. That is how much he loves us. Isn't that the best knowledge EVER! : D However.....I do believe that our life experiences AND our past mistakes are something that we are to use.... to learn by. What can you learn from your life as a teenager? How about that you now CAN'T be manipulated by anyone......because you have been there and done that. What power that gives you as Tanner's mom. Not many people will be able to understand what it going on there, but you will. You are the PERFECT mother for Tanner. Only you know what he needs. God decided that YOU will be his mom. What an awesome thought that is, eh? Only you. Hang in there girl. Sorry you have to go through so much unpleasantness.
you go girl....stand up for your son. If your don't no one else can. You knwo him better than anyone else and let this school know that they cannot push you around and you know what your son is capable of more than they do.
And BTW..you are not being punished for your teenage years..remember that God is not a vengeful God. Keep us informed as to how things go. Don't take no crapt!!!!!
Good luck Mandy!! You have Tanner's best interests at heart so stick to your guns. You know what is right and wrong for you... that is why Heavenly Father gave him to you... you are his Mom, so don't let anyone else try to make your mind up for you! Hopefully things get better, keep us posted!
Mandy,Mandy oh my heart goes out too you, as I have now been a PUF mom for 2 years well this is my second, Dallin did last year and they were awsome and this year I seem to be fighting tooth and nail for him with the same teachers it is horrible feeling, that is not who I am, I am a person of peace....I know they play with they test because they get so much money and so many hours based on the needs in the classroom, And then joshua's teacher is amazing but new to the school this year....on the over all I am always fighting with them because they do alot of the basic to get through and not the extra's and they don't info very well of the next step! I am probably not helping your feelings as it is hard and I know it, don't let them label your child if you don't feel it is needed in Alberta I have now learned you don't need a label to get services you just have to have so many "severes"......all I can say is pray and have the strength of heavenly father there with you as you go to that meeting, be strong you know you are! I wish you all the luck with it as I know my stuggles will come in a couple months as they start next years testing in feb/mar and it will decided where Dallin can go to school! But I wish you all the luck with your meeting!
You will always know what's best for your son-that is your stewardship and Heavenly Father will not let you down if you turn to him for guidance. And if we all got punished for our teenage years...I'd be in BIG trouble!!!! LOL-Hope it went well!
Post a Comment